Spring Auction in Boca Raton

fawnridge

04/07/09
Randy and I have amassed way too many plants and we need to trim our inventory. Plus it's been a long time since many of you were here. So, we're thinking about a Spring Croton Auction/Sale here in Boca Raton on Saturday, April 8, 2017. Lunch will be served - Jamaican style: jerk chicken (not hot, I promise, but there will be sauce), rice and peas, homemade cole slaw, and festival. We invite you to bring an appetizer, beverage, or dessert.

The date is not carved in stone and we do have some flexibility, but having checked Fairchild and Mounts, several major religions, and the current descent of the Chinese Space Station (haven't you heard? It's coming home but they're not sure where or exactly when) that looks like an open date. For those who have a large number of plants, we are going to try to get some local newspaper coverage - Palm Beach Post, Sun-Sentinel, and the Miami Herald, so feel free to bring extra plants to sell. I live in a gated community of 330 homes and they will also be invited. Because of that, lunch will be regulars/vendors only and prior to the auction/sale.

You folks decide the other details, I'm just happy to be able invite you back to see my garden and eat some good food.

Wow. That sounds good to me. It's almost weird to have it mostly planned out this far ahead, but I think it's great. Thank you Randy and Ricky. Look forward to it

Here are three 7-gallon Crotons for the auction block: Thea - grown in full sun. Irresistible - grown in the shade, massive red and black leaves. Alley Cat standard - massive leaves.
IMG_1654.JPG

IMG_1655.JPG

IMG_1656.JPG

I've missed the last two meetings.I look forward to being there,I do not have too many plants to bring (maybe 2 or 3) but it should be lots of fun.

Wow it never fails to happen, my high school has been organizing a golden grads reunion "50 years"and that is the date. We had 750 attend last year and expect over 1000 this year. Oh well we will see you at the next "crokies" meeting.

Just found out that there's a huge palm sale at the Mounts on the same day. With everyone who can't come, there's no sense to having this. I'm in Jamaica the next two weekends and have company the weekend after that. So now we're into May. Perhaps someone else can put a Croton auction together, but for now ours here in Boca is canceled.

I'm selling at the Palm Sale and would of not been able to come. And I know the Glocks wanted to go to the Palm Sale and had not made a decision yet on if they were able to do both. So it sounds like it's a done deal.

The Spring Garden Festival at Fairchild is the week-end of April 8 & 9 with a number of our group participating in the Spring Plant Sale. I hate for you to cancel your tour & sale as we would really love to see your garden. Maybe a later date.......
Marnie

Here's a better idea. How about the group comes up with a date in May or June that works for the majority and I'll see if it works for me? We have no summer travel plans, so most weekends are fine.

I was just checking in to see if anything had been planned for the Spring Auction in May or June. I finally finished planting the crotons from Marie and Jose and I never want to pass up the opportunity to see a new croton collection. I am starting to run out of room in the yard at the moment, but can always find space for a few more crotons even if it means yanking something else out or digging up some more of the lawn. I would love to visit Boca Raton if the auction is set and I am free.

Thanks,
Karl

It is early days now but Lamar Mike Harris and myself are thinking of having a repeat garden tour /auction in Nov.Lots of time to see how things develop.
Please do have one. I would love to see all of your gardens and come to the auction. Most weekends I don't have any responsibilities to school. Keep us posted.