Dypsis mananjarensis

Jeff Searle says his is about 9 foot tall, but its stretched in the shade a bit currently also.

Hey.....wait a minute young fella, I never said it was streched from in the shade. It looks absolutely stunning and is not streched. It's growing as if in the forest of madagascar. I think if Gary's plant was in some shade, it would probably be a little taller. Remember, these palms for the most part start their lives off in the understory. I have some pictures of mine and hope I can get off my lazy ass and throw a couple up.

Yeah, let's see some pics. I am more interested in how big around it is at ground level. And how sure are you it is what you think it is? When Jeff Marcus and I get around to the remaining parts of his garden tour, you will see how closely the D. manajarensis, and the D. malcomberi resemble one another. Jeff M. thinks my "Mealy Bug" may in fact be D. malcomberi. I'm a little confused as to which is which as seedlings and juveniles.

Yeah, let's see some pics. I am more interested in how big around it is at ground level. And how sure are you it is what you think it is? When Jeff Marcus and I get around to the remaining parts of his garden tour, you will see how closely the D. manajarensis, and the D. malcomberi resemble one another. Jeff M. thinks my "Mealy Bug" may in fact be D. malcomberi. I'm a little confused as to which is which as seedlings and juveniles.

Yeah, the two of those have me stumped. I think they are similar. I'm just not sure which is which.