Been Busy Part 2

Moose

Esteemed Member
10/09/09
Trying to see if I can get a few more in the ground for 2014. The "herd" has been much more manageable (down to 40 containers) since its been thinned. These are fairly small plants but labor intensive to get planted. They are planted where old established palm trees have developed an extensive network of roots. Lots of snipping of roots.

b2 L M Rutherford.JPG

L M Rutherford - this has not been a vigorous grower for me. Its been in a three gallon container for a year. Perhaps it will be faster now that its been liberated from its container. Is it just what I am doing wrong or is this a slow cultivar? What's your experience?

All of these crotons have been very slow for me with the exception of one. They have been planted along the walk way leading towards the house. Figuring that they will not be crowding the pathway for awhile.

b2 Tommy Halgrim.JPG

Tommy Halgrim - got this from Keith at the Glock Holiday Party last December. In its container for a year, was concerned the growing medium was breaking down so in the ground it went.

b2 Queen Emma.JPG

A Queen Emma that Randy gave to me on his last visit to the Moose Land. :)
This was the exception, the others are all slow. I had to plant a green and yellow to break up all the color so the eye would not become so overwhelmed. ;)