Ann Rutherford photo needed

Ray,

I'm about 90-99% sure that I have the real Ann Rutherford growing in the yard.Compared to my Kentucky, it grows slower and just has a different look to it. I'll try to get a picture of both side by side for comparison soon.

Ray - Looking at the 2 photos in The Book, they look like two different plants. Can you post a photo of the one Bob Alonzo identified as Kentucky?

Ricky,

I don't think the book photos are very good. I won an Ann Rutherford cutting that has since rotted during the Glock's Christmas Social. It resembled Kentucky also but had less veining. I'm curious to see what Jeff's plant looks like.

Ray

Ray,

I also got an A.R. at the Dec. meeting. Mark Hooten brought the cuttings. Took mine to the Keys for the winter and it also rotted.

Judy

What about this photo from the Croton Society website - is this Ann Rutherford?

Attachments

• ANN-RUTHERFORD2 fromCrotonSocietydotorg.jpg
    ANN-RUTHERFORD2 fromCrotonSocietydotorg.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 153
Peyton,

That's a nice photo but looks nothing like what Bob Alonzo identified for me or what was auctioned in December. That said, Bob is only human and makes mistakes so maybe the photo you attached is the real deal.

Ray

Peyton,

That's a nice photo but looks nothing like what Bob Alonzo identified for me or what was auctioned in December. That said, Bob is only human and makes mistakes so maybe the photo you attached is the real deal.

Ray

The one growing near my house looks very simular to the photo posted by Peyton. Should the true Anne Rutherford look simular to the White Anne Rutherford (formerly called Island Breeze)? :confused:

There will be daily reminders beginning today.

Ray,

I don't blame you.:) I actually went out and took a few pictures yesterday of my plant, but just don't know when I can post them. My dad, "Pops" has been in the hospital since monday. He might come home on friday. I'll do my best to get them up. I'm pretty sure it's the real AR, at least ID'd by Bob Alonzo.
Jeff

Someone must be growing Ann Rutherford. I am also awaiting a picture. Please post a picture here.

Ray - I believe that Ryan actually looked for this cultivar Saturday evening at the Searle homestead. Hopefully he will find it amongst the 380 shots he took and post it here. :rolleyes:

Ryan - can you find the Ann Rutherford photo(s)? :)

:eek:>>>>>>>>>>:rolleyes:<<<<<<<<<<;)>>>>>>>>>>:)

Unable to disclose the location of this plant. It is some pretty good amount of shade and has not yet colored up. Perhaps around August?

Attachments

• Ann Rutherford.jpg
    Ann Rutherford.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 137
  • Ann Rutherford 3.jpg
    Ann Rutherford 3.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 136
  • Ann Rutherford2.jpg
    Ann Rutherford2.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 132
  • Ann Rutherford 4.jpg
    Ann Rutherford 4.jpg