Chester Skotak's Hybrids

ScotTi

Esteemed Member
16/04/08
This thread is a salute to Chester Skotak, the world-renowned bromeliad hybridizer and his great creations.
Neorgelia Picasso...
pizap.com14790611665231.jpg

pizap.com14790612940791.jpg

* Creation 2005

Reactions: Pix
Neorgelia 'Skotak's Mirage'
IMG_5727.JPG

A nice miniature- Mature plant 6" diameter X 4" height.

Hi ScotTi :)
I was wondering how are you. I even went to look for you at "all things plants" once. Are you into bromeliads now? How hard you were hit by the freeze? I should be listening to you about crotons :(
…and I am collecting and propagating Ti's :)

Hi ScotTi :)
I was wondering how are you. I even went to look for you at "all things plants" once. Are you into bromeliads now? How hard you were hit by the freeze? I should be listening to you about crotons :(
…and I am collecting and propagating Ti's :)
Hi Pix! I still have the Ti but have stopped collecting new ones with lots of seedlings coming along. The Crotons are also still here for now also, but many took a hit this past winter. I am getting to old to deal with the plants that demand attention and constant work. As you know I have always had Broms, but the collecting is in full mode and I will be making room for them in garden areas soon.
The Broms are just to easy.
20180611_173839.jpg

Stop on over https://garden.org/ You will find me in the Tropical or Florida Gardening Forums

Last edited:
Pix, Here is another of the Skotak hybrid Broms, Neo. Pemiento found over the winter at the Olds. flea market nursery.
pizap.com15297539785811.jpg