To another country.

Dimych

21/04/18
I wonder if there are any ways to send cuttings to another country? I'm crazy looking at the beauty of your croton. On such varieties only dreams.

[QUOTE = "Pix, post: 61229, участник: 3698"] Я пошлю вам некоторые, уже укоренившиеся. Это будет лучше к концу лета. [/ QUOTE]
You they think will reach without damages? I from Russia. (

I do not know, but I can try. There are online shops in Russia that sell crotons as house plants.
Do you want anything special? I am not a collector, I have about 100 varieties.

I do not know, but I can try. There are online shops in Russia that sell crotons as house plants.
if you have more than 10 you are a collector ....

Well, I may be a collector, but I am going to stop. This winter has proving me wrong. I am going to keep only that I like and go on with life.

I did a bit of research online and from what I found all plant material including seeds is prohibited unless it is being shipped from a company here to a company there for business purposes. Sending it to or from a private address is not allowed. It would all come down to how strict they are with inspecting the materials both as they are shipped from here and as they arrive there. I would guess that sending some seeds may be easier than rooted cuttings, but who knows. I would assume either way it would be a gamble as to whether they would get there. I don't know if there are permits you could get to send them, like what you receive if you get plants from Thailand.

Reactions: Pix
We have few people who are fond of croton. Tired of fighting with mites and abandoning this occupation. In online stores sell croton, but it is mostly rasprastranennye varieties. Petra, exellent, wilma, nervia ... If you are lucky you can find unusual varieties that are not signed. And I want something special))).
100 varieties !!! It is a paradise!

I did a bit of research online and from what I found all plant material including seeds is prohibited unless it is being shipped from a company here to a company there for business purposes. Sending it to or from a private address is not allowed. It would all come down to how strict they are with inspecting the materials both as they are shipped from here and as they arrive there. I would guess that sending some seeds may be easier than rooted cuttings, but who knows. I would assume either way it would be a gamble as to whether they would get there. I don't know if there are permits you could get to send them, like what you receive if you get plants from Thailand.

Karl, it is so nice of you to participate.

Honestly, US do not care what is sent out, and Russia do not care what is coming in.

...Also, I have my own conspiracy theory about the fruits and other foods that are taken by our custom officers at the airports just because they are dangerous somehow...
...If they were not taken ... the US people could find out how the fruits and other foods should really taste...
Sorry, guys.

We have few people who are fond of croton. Tired of fighting with mites and abandoning this occupation. In online stores sell croton, but it is mostly rasprastranennye varieties. Petra, exellent, wilma, nervia ... If you are lucky you can find unusual varieties that are not signed. And I want something special))).
100 varieties !!! It is a paradise

Ha-ha! Wilma was very special to me just a year ago, and the Exellent is my best buddy in the garden :) They advertize more of very special crotons for sale, but I have to agree with you about the spider mites...they attack even my cuttings indoors..

Well, I am not from Russia, but I speak Russian (as well as 5 other languages with an accent). I can post in Russian to make it easier for you and double it in English for our guys to follow.

There was so me Sergey from Novosibirsk at this forum before I got here. He was growing crotons in his cellar. You can search the forum.

I will send you plants, you will only pay for shipping.

You can answer in Russian to me.
Ты можешь отвечать на русском.

Ты можешь отвечать на русском.
Большое спасибо, Друг! Я буду просто счастлив если всё получится!
Про Сергея знаю, смотрел все его темы на этом форуме. К сожалению Сергей прекратил разводить кротоны. Сейчас он занимается суккулентами. Очень жаль.
Wilma у меня не было долгое время, хоть у нас он и не редкость, но когда попался неплохой экземпляр - я купил её. Совсем недавно.
Thank you very much friend! I'll just be happy if it works out!
About Sergei I know, I watched all his topics on this forum. Unfortunately, Sergei stopped breeding croton. Now he is engaged in succulents. Very sorry.
Wilma I did not have a long time, although we have it not uncommon, but when I got a good copy - I bought it. Recently.

Exellent не редкость, достался даром.
Exellent is not uncommon, went to waste.

Karl, it is so nice of you to participate.

Honestly, US do not care what is sent out, and Russia do not care what is coming in.

...Also, I have my own conspiracy theory about the fruits and other foods that are taken by our custom officers at the airports just because they are dangerous somehow...
...If they were not taken ... the US people could find out how the fruits and other foods should really taste...
Sorry, guys.
I have never shipped any plants just received them, so had no idea how much they regulate things like this. It is great that you will be able to share some of your crotons with Dimych. We are lucky here in Florida with the incredible variety we are able to get.

Большое спасибо, Друг! Я буду просто счастлив если всё получится!
Про Сергея знаю, смотрел все его темы на этом форуме. К сожалению Сергей прекратил разводить кротоны. Сейчас он занимается суккулентами. Очень жаль.
Wilma у меня не было долгое время, хоть у нас он и не редкость, но когда попался неплохой экземпляр - я купил её. Совсем недавно.
Thank you very much friend! I'll just be happy if it works out!
About Sergei I know, I watched all his topics on this forum. Unfortunately, Sergei stopped breeding croton. Now he is engaged in succulents. Very sorry.
Wilma I did not have a long time, although we have it not uncommon, but when I got a good copy - I bought it. Recently.

Exellent не редкость, достался даром.
Exellent is not uncommon, went to waste.
I can't get over how beautiful your crotons are when grown inside. You also do a great job photographing them.

I can't get over how beautiful your crotons are when grown inside. You also do a great job photographing them.
Я живу на 11 этаже. Окна смотрят на юго-восток. В утренние часы очень много солнца. Ещё дома очень жарко летом и повышенная влажность.
I live on the 11th floor. The windows look to the southeast. In the morning there is a lot of sun. Even at home it is very hot in summer and high humidity.

Sorry, guys, that I disappeared. We were on cruise and came back yesterday. There was no single rain here all week! And it is our rainy season :(

Dimych, you are a hero. I can sent plants from ebay. I am not sure that they survive the trip. It is why I do not want you to pay for them.

I finally have enough plants that I can trim them and do not worry about the cuttings…but I am still worrying. I cannot just throw them away. I am happy to share.

I will post some pictures and the list of my plants later.

Извините, ребята, что я исчезла. Мы были в круизе и вернулись вчера. Всю неделю не было ни одного дождя! И это наш сезон дождей :(

Димыч, ты герой. Я могу отправить растения с ebay. Я не уверена, что они выживут в поездке. Именно поэтому я не хочу, чтобы вы платили за них.

У меня наконец есть достаточно кротонов, которые я могу обрезать и не беспокоиться о черенках ... но я все равно беспокоюсь. Я не могу просто выбросить их. Я рада, что могу поделиться.

Я выложу несколько фотографий и список моих кротонов позже.

1. AFD#5 (Karen, Fantasy, Fantasia)
2. AFD#7 (Nervia)
3. AFD#7 spotted (from Scott)
4. Arrowhead
5. Aureo Maculatum (Gold Dust)
6. Augustifolia
7. Aztec War Bonet (new, not official)
8. Banana (Cornutum)
9. Batik (Bush On Fire)
10. Brandon James
11. Bravo
12. Cameo
13. Captain Gilbert Cutler
14. Caribbean star
15. Catherine Gephart
16. Caution Light
14. C.I. Craigin (Madame Blanche)
15. Charles Ruterford
16. Chief
17. Congo (Pappey, Nancy)
18. Cronshtadt
19. Curly Boy
20. Day Springs
21. Duncan Macaw
22. Eburneum (Andrew, Madagascar)
23. Edwin T. Meredith
24. Eleanor Roosevelt (Sloppy painter)
25. Excellent
26. Fishbone
27. Florida Sunset
28. Florida Standart
29. Franklin Roosevelt (FDR)
30. Fred Sander
31. Geisha Girl
32. Glen Roof
33. Gloriosa
34. Goldfinger (Goldstar Selecta)
35. Golden Glow
36. In the Pink
37. Irresistible
38. Johanna Copinger
39. Johanna Copinger Yellow
40. Jungle Queen
41. King of Siam
42. Lauren's Rainbow (?)
43. Lilian Stofregen
44. Madame Butterfly
45. Magnificent
46. Mammie/Mammey
47. Mammie Yellow
48. Mango
49. Mosaic
50. Mrs. Iceton (Appleleaf, Imperialis)
51. Mrs. Iceton Yellow
52. Mrs Robinson (Kelly)
53. Mrs. Snyder Disraeli
54. Multicolor (Cobra Head)
55. Nancy Reagan
56. Nestor
57. Petra
58. Petra Yellow
59. Picasso's Paintbrush
60. Piecrust (Mortimer, Undulatum)
61. Philip Geduldig
62. Pixie (new,not official)
63. Picturatum
64. Pitcairn
65. Punctatum
66. Red Quill - shade
67. Reliance (Willy)
68. Rex - sun
69. Robert Lavalois
70. Pride of Winter Heaven
71. Son of Joe Friday
72. Spiralé
73. Stewartii
74. Stoplight
75. Sunny Star
76. Thanksgiving
77. Thea
78. Van Buren
79. Victoria Gold Bells (Reasoner's No. 2)
80. William Jennings Bryan
81. Wilma
82. Zanzibar
83. Zulu
84. Scott's NOID
85. Scott's NOID
86. Phil's NOID
87. Phil's NOID
88. Phil's NOID

Доброго дня!
У меня глаза разбежались от такого количества кротонов. Хочется все, но понимаю это невозможно)))
Выбрал на мой взгляд наиболее необычные.
37. Irresistible
44. Madame Butterfly
55. Nancy Reagan
61. Philip Geduldig
64. Pitcairn
66. Red Quill - shade

Если всё получится - я буду счастлив.
Огромное спасибо, Pix!
Возможно ли отложить отправку посылки на 1,5 недели? И хотелось бы обсудить способ упаковки посылки. Ebay обещает доставить посылку за неделю. Я думаю должно всё получиться.

Hi Dimych. To postpone shipping for 1.5 weeks? I thought we are talking the end of summer. You don't want me just cut them and send you cuttings, do you? I was thinking to make rooted plants for you. Not that I am good at it but I would give it a try.
If you think that cuttings will work, then suggest the packaging that will satisfy you.
Not sure how ebay can promise one week: it is not on them to decide. It should be USPS Priority Mail, which could be one week but not guaranteed (6-10 business days).
Here are the pictures of the crotons as they look today. The crotons are mostly green (new leaves).

Привет, Димыч. Отложить доставку на 1,5 недели? Я думала, что мы говорим о конце лета. Ты же не хочешь, чтобы я просто отправила тебе черенки? Я хотела укоренить растения. Не то чтобы я в этом успешна, но могла бы попробовать.
Если ты считаешь, что черенков достаточно, тогда предложи упаковку, которая тебя устроит.
Не уверен, как ebay может обещать одну неделю: это от них не зависит. Это должен быть USPS Priority Mail, который может доставить за одну неделю, но маловероято (6-10 рабочих дней).
Вот фотографии кротонов, как они выглядят сегодня. Кротоны в основном зеленые (новые листья).

Attachments

• 13.Captain_Gilbert_Cuttler.JPG
    13.Captain_Gilbert_Cuttler.JPG
    327.8 KB · Views: 235
  • 17.Congo.JPG
    17.Congo.JPG
    448.9 KB · Views: 361
  • 37.Irresistible.JPG
    37.Irresistible.JPG
    336.4 KB · Views: 320
  • 38.Madame_Butterfly_airlayer2017.JPG
    38.Madame_Butterfly_airlayer2017.JPG
    297.1 KB · Views: 242
  • 38.Madame_Butterfly_mother_plant.JPG
    38.Madame_Butterfly_mother_plant.JPG
    307 KB · Views: 252
  • 39.Nancy_Reagan.JPG
    39.Nancy_Reagan.JPG
    380.3 KB · Views: 316
  • 61.Philip_Geduldig.JPG
    61.Philip_Geduldig.JPG
    313.8 KB · Views: 240
  • 64.Pitcairn.JPG
    64.Pitcairn.JPG
    377.8 KB · Views: 216
  • 66.Red_Quill.JPG
    66.Red_Quill.JPG
    300 KB · Views: 258
Hello Pix!
What are they all hugeJawDrop. Can I think a little more about the choice?
And about the dispatch - I thought maybe lignified cuttings would better transfer the road if they were placed in raw sphagnum.
Here we share with like-minded people different grades, including by mail. But when rooted, cuttings are often discarded.
Recently, I cut M. Aceton and there were a lot of cuttings with leaves and no leaves. With the leaves, everything was perfectly given roots. Cuttings without leaves were a pity to throw out and I stuck them in moss sphagnum. After a while they also gave roots.

Dear Pix! Can I find out the cost of sending a parcel to Russia? Friends frighten me, that it will be insanely expensive. But I do not lose hope that everything will be fine! Thank you!

Привет Pix!
Какие же они все огромныеJawDrop. Можно я ещё немного подумаю над выбором?
А по поводу отправки - я подумал может одревесневшие черенки лучше перенесут дорогу, если их поместить в сырой сфагнум.
Здесь мы делимся с единомышленниками разными сортами, в том числе и по почте. Но при укоренении часто черенки сбрасывают листья.
Недавно я подрезал M. Aceton и было много черенков с листьями и без листьев. С листьями все отлично дали корни. Черенки без листьев было жаль выкидывать и я их воткнул в мох-сфагнум. Через какое то время они тоже дали корни.

Дорогая Pix! Можно ли узнать стоимость отправки посылки в Россию? Меня друзья пугают, что это будет безумно дорого. Но я не теряю надежды, что всё будет хорошо! Спасибо!

13. Captain Gilbert Cutler
37. Irresistible
44. Madame Butterfly
55. Nancy Reagan
61. Philip Geduldig
64. Pitcairn
83. Zulu
NailBiting BangHead FacePalm

Dimych, the pictures are taken close up to show details, but I was expecting you to say something like that. The "huge" for me is Exellente: fast growing, vigorous, with leaves over 30 sm. I cannot imagine it as a house plant.
Dimych, фотографии сделаны близко, чтобы показать детали, но я ожидалa, что ты скажешь что-нибудъ подобное. «Огромный» для меня - Exellente: быстрорастущий, сильный, с листьями более 30 см. Я не могу представить его как домашнее растение.
IMG_5747.JPG
IMG_5749.JPG

Madame Butterfly has a smaller leaf. Zulu has a small leaf too, but I have only a tiny plant, not ready to cut. It is my second: I already killed one.
I can take pictures with a ruler.

Many crotons look the same for unexperienced viewer. I have decided to collect only the crotons with unusual leaf shape, like Arrowhead, Fred Sander, Geisha Girl, Irresistible, Mrs. Snyder Disraeli. What is the name of the croton in your first picture?

I do not know how much it cost to mail to Russia. I was mailing only to Europe, and usually First Class, not Priority. The delivery was in 10 days anyway. You can look up the USPS International Rates online. I can look it up for you, but not now. Next week we will be on the road trip (all week) and I am very busy.

У Мадам Баттерфляй листья меньше. У Зулу тоже небольшой лист, но у меня есть только крошечное растение, неготовое к обрезке. Это мой второй Зулу: я уже убила один.
Я могу фотографировать с линейкой.

Многие кротоны выглядят одинаково для неопытного зрителя. Я решила собрирать только кротоны с необычной формой листьев, такие как Arrowhead, Fred Sander, Geisha Girl, Irresistible, Mrs. Snyder Disraeli.
Как называется твой кротон на первом снимке?

Я не знаю, сколько стоит отправить посылку в Россию. Я посылала только в Европу, и обычно первым классом, а не приоритетным (срочным). Все равно доходило за 10 дней. Вы можете посмотреть интернациональные расценки USPS онлайн. Я могу посмотреть для вас, но не сейчас. На следующей неделе мы будем в поездке (всю неделю), и сейчас я очень занята.

На первом снимке в этой теме - Exeter. Ещё его у нас называют "Президент Сельвы".
Ваш Exellente просто шикарный! У меня он тоже не маленький и растёт достаточно быстро. Я люблю большие растения. Жаль только в квартире много больших растений не разместить.

The first picture in this topic is Exeter. He is also called "President of Selva".
Your Exellente is simply gorgeous! At me it too not small and grows quickly enough. I like large plants. It is a pity only in the apartment a lot of large plants do not accommodate.

Now I want Exeter.
Can you name all your crotons in the pictures, please?
Here is my new Zulu, only 30 cm tall, and my first Zulu (If I am not mistaken).
Tеперь я хочу Exeter.
Пожалуйста, можете ли вы назвать все свои кротоны на фотографиях?
Вот мой новый Зулу, всего 30 см в высоту, и мой первый Зулу (если я не ошибаюсь).

IMG_5758.JPG Zulu.JPG

Mrs.Iceton is my long time favorite: always beautiful. It is easy to root as well. Not all crotons are easy to propagate. But you are better them me at this.
Exellent looked even better before the freeze. Everything looked better :(
I also transplanted some crotons in November, which was very bad.
I probably should be better posting my "before the freeze" pictures for you.
I love my EdwinT. Meredith. It is a very unusual croton: bushy and short. But I am considering it's value in the landscape.

Mrs.Iceton - моя долгосрочная любовь: всегда красивый. Его также легко укоренить. Не все кротоны одинаково легко укореняются. Но ты лучше их меня в этом.
Exellent выглядел еще лучше перед заморозками. Все выглядело лучше:( Я также пересадила несколько кротонов в ноябре, что было очень плохо.
Вероятно, мне лучше постить мои фотографии «до заморозков».
Мне нравится мой Edwin T.Meredit. Это очень необычный кротон: кустистый и невысокий. Но я рассматриваю его значение в ландшафте.
E.T.Meredith.JPG

Sorry, I do not have many "special" crotons: I am new and not very successful at it. The most special here are Thay hybrids. I do not want to have any because I cannot grow them outside. It is easier for you then for us to get them from Thailand anyway.
Извини, у меня нет много «особенных» кротонов: я новичок и не очень успешна в этом. Наиболее особенными здесь считаются таиландские гибриды. Я не хочу их иметь потому что я не могу выращивать их снаружи.
Но вам все равно легче, чем нам, получить их из Таиланда.

Now I want Exeter.
Иногда форум бывает недоступен. Не сразу могу ответить. Сейчас я нахожусь в небольшом отпуске, а когда вернусь домой я сделаю фото своих растений и подпишу их.
У меня уже появился опыт в укоренении черенков, хотя были и неудачи. Например exellent я укоренял очень большой черенок в зиму и он прекрасно укоренился и не потерял ни одного листа.

Что касается тайских гибридов, то они не все мне нравятся. Особенно те, которые с круглыми листами. Сейчас заказал один. С большими листами. Сорт называется " Monena". Как приедет сделаю фото.

Sometimes the forum is unavailable. I can not answer right away. Now I'm on a small holiday, and when I get home I'll take a photo of my plants and sign them.
I already had experience in rooting cuttings, although there were failures. For example, exellent, I rooted a very large stalk in the winter and he was perfectly rooted and did not lose a single leaf.
As for Thai hybrids, they do not like everything to me. Especially those with round sheets. I ordered one now. With large sheets. The variety is called "Monena". As will arrive I will make a photo.

This is a very nice, vigorous Exellent.
The forum is not always available to me too.
We will be on the road next week.
I have a few more crotons. I did not put tags on them last fall, and then they lost all their leaves and I couldn't recognize them. I will post more pictures when I come back.

Oчень хороший, энергичный Exellent.
Форум не всегда доступен мне toже.
Мы будем в дороге на следующей неделе.
У меня есть еще несколько кротонов. Я не пометила их прошлой осенью, а потом они потеряли все свои листья, и я не могла их распознать. Когда я вернусь, я пополню список.
Оставьте, пожалуйста, мне свой email в PM.

So! I hasten to share my joy! Everything worked out! On the way two weeks, the roots were in sphagnum. Sphagnum has not dried up during this time. All crotones are planted and placed in a greenhouse for adaptation.
The greatest thanks to Pixie for a piece of Florida!

Photo report

Attachments

• 20180917_213403.jpg
    20180917_213403.jpg
    347.9 KB · Views: 238
  • 20180917_213438.jpg
    20180917_213438.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 231
  • 20180917_213500.jpg
    20180917_213500.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 233
  • 20180917_213521.jpg