Questions

annafl

Esteemed Member
In the 2000 Croton Society Calendar, Perry says a croton is referred to as King Siam, not King of Siam. We wonder if this is the correct name or a typo. Any opinions? Anyone heard of King Siam?

Also, in referring to Bob Alonzo, there are equal numbers of Alonso and Alonzo. In a newsletter greeting he wrote, it was signed Alonzo, so I think this is the real spelling. Anyone know for sure or can find out? There are multiple mentions in the wiki and this should definitely be correct for historical reasons. Can anyone find out?

Van Houtii is spelled Van Houtti in the wiki. I think the first is correct, but don't know for sure. Anyone?

I would like to contact Dean for any entries in the wiki that should be deleted. Would some of you look through and if you know for sure of any, or any misspellings, please let me know. Any corrections of anything are welcome. Thanks!

It's King of Siam. And Bob's last name is spelled with a z. And I would say Van Houtii is spelled like this, even though it's spelled with one i and two i's in the book.

There's a Salvia variety, Van Houtii. I'm pretty sure that's how the Salvia folks spell that name.
In Hawaii, I've seen King of Siam sold under a couple of names...Queen of Siam, Paint splash. I swear folks just make up names here. It gets confusing

Hi Ana! I know I'm under some pressure to post a few pictures, lord knows it's been way overdue! The problem is, a lot of nice ones have had their tops removed recently from all the cuttings I'm sticking in the mist. And that won't make for a nice picture, IMO. I'll see.....