Testing

Dypsisdean

Administrator
Staff member
28/09/07
Testing 1,2,3,4,5
Beccariophoenix.jpg

I just tested another one. If it's a cell-phone photo it goes through for me, but if it's from my camera, it says the photos are too large. In the past it corrected that for me and let me post it. The camera photos are better for posting in the wiki because they enlarge more when clicked on. I really would like to be able to post my camera photos. I would not know how to change the picture size, and if I learned, it would be a deterrent for posting them if I had to go through more steps.

Testing: Let's see if I can post an old pic first. Same old error message: a long rectangular box telling me an error occurred and could not post the attachment.

Previous pic attempt was 464kb; let's try a smaller one at 46kb - nope same old error msg. Only change at this end since last successful pic post was upgrade to may annual Norton AV program.

I was able to post an old photo a few days ago. not sure what I had used to take it or what the size of the file was. The most recent that were taken today with my iPad got the error message. Like David had said I did not change anything in how I took the photos or uploaded the files. I could have saved them differently on the computer, but I doubt it. I never made any changes to the photo quality or size in the past, so don't know what is going on. I will try playing around with how I save them to see if it makes a difference.

OK - I need your help please. I have made some changes to the server. These new photos from the new phones/tablets/cameras are huge and of very odd dimensions. The photo processing power that is involved to resize them during upload is extensive and expensive.

I have made some changes and need you to please try uploading a photo that failed previously, and let me know the outcome. I am trying the simplest solution first. If it doesn't work, I have another option/setting to try.

So give it a try, and if it doesn't work, let me know and I will try the second option.

Thanks

Yay! Worked for me, this time. I couldn't post this one before, Dean. Thanks! How is everyone else doing?

View attachment 36089

Thanks, Karl. That's President Reagan. Always looks good. The red one behind is Helen Rutherford, one of my favorites, and the yellow and green on the left is a noid from Phil. One of my first crotons gifted to me by him and this one always looks good and just goes and goes. Very full down to the bottom and very cheery.

Can you guys having problems please give me more info. Like from what device and OS are you trying to post from - android phone, iPhone/Pad, desktop - using Windows or Mac - what device was the photo taken on - are you Dragging and Dropping the file or Selecting it???

Or please send me a photo you are having a problem with. Then I can tell if the problem is the photo, or is on your end. Attach and send to d.ouer@mac.com

For any of you following this and having problems - the easiest way to upload photos is to just click on the photo(s) you want to upload and drag them into the reply window. That's all you have to do. Once they are uploaded, designate whether you wish to to show as a thumbnail (to be expanded when it is clicked on) or as a full size image - and then Post Reply.

Can now upload pics using Drop and Drag method as suggested by Dean.
Pics above were Plant Creations #2 and Mosaic.
Phil, what type of conditions do you keep your Plant Creations #2 in? I have mine in full sun and it is getting bleached out and turned almost white.

Glad Phil is on board again. Now, if King David can get going again. Maybe he will see this .

And for everyone. There is an option once photos are uploaded to either post a thumbnail (to be clicked on and expanded), or a full size image. Choose one and you won't get that "funky" looking posting as one of Phil's was above.

Karl - My PC#2s are in part sun/shade - no full sun although I've seen them in full sun in Ft. Lauderdale area (more rain and higher humidity).
Thanks Phil, I think it has just been too dry and bright. We are not getting any of the typical rainy/cloudy days, just blue skies and bright sun. Many of the crotons are getting cooked. If we don't get into a rainy period I am going to need to move some plants around and of course it will be the dry season before I know it (granted the dry season seems to be year round in Vero lately). Love the color on your plant.

Glad Phil is on board again. Now, if King David can get going again. Maybe he will see this .

And for everyone. There is an option once photos are uploaded to either post a thumbnail (to be clicked on and expanded), or a full size image. Choose one and you won't get that "funky" looking posting as one of Phil's was above.
PROBLEM IS YOU CANT DOWNLOAD THEM TO PICK THE THUMBNAIL OR FULL SIZE ..Ive tried everything i know ......