1. NEW BROMELIAD FORUM
    Guest - Don't miss our new forum. Perhaps you have something to add or share with us.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Check out, join, and contribute to our Facebook Page. Help get more people to the Forum. NEW TROPISCAPE FACEBOOK GROUP
    Dismiss Notice

Yellow Bravo???

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by Bullwinkle, May 26, 2011.

Please Help Support Our Generous Sponsors

1. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Esteemed Member

How about this one,Is this Yellow Bravo??

Attached Files:

2. fawnridge

fawnridge Well-Known Member

Sure looks like it. Nice plant.

3. Crazy for Crotons

Crazy for Crotons Well-Known Member

It's possible but Yellow Bravo is a misleading name. It should really be called White Bravo because the oldest leaves turn more white than yellow. The one pictured is more yellow than white.

4. Bullwinkle

The older leaves are definitely get more white,if you look closely it is apparent on one of the lower leaves.In fact when I found it I thought that it might have been a wierd Island Breeze but when I got it home I noticed the difference right away.

5. Jeff Searle

Jeff Searle Well-Known Member

Mike,

Nice to see you have one, and some good size. I just recently got my first small plant myself. I always had the yellow Petra, but not a Bravo. Thanks!
    Jeff

6. Bullwinkle

7. Crazy for Crotons

8. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Michael - is there a waiting list for your air layers ? :eek: That would be a fine addition to the Moose Land. ;)

Where did you come across it ?

:)

9. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Thank you Mike! :) Mike delivered an air layer of this croton while we did some very friendly trading several weeks ago. It looks great but is not as vigorous as a typical Bravo. Its putting out new leaves but no roots have shown up at the drain holes. :eek:

10. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Here are some photos I posted in another thread. This is from an air layer of the croton in the Mike's first post. I looked at the link that Ray provided of Marie Nock's "Yellow (White) Bravo" posted by Rob. They look to be the same cultivar, of couse Marie's is growing in optimal conditions.

Marie - I have noticed a faint pink on the petiole and on the underside of the leaf main vein on my plant. Have you noticed this characteristic on yours? :)

Attached Files:

11. Crazy for Crotons

That pink tells you it's NOT yellow Bravo. It should actually be called White Bravo. I have the one with pinkish petioles and had Yellow Bravo. They are not the same plant. The real white/yellow bravo has no hint of any color besides white and green.

Jeff also had a real yellow Bravo in his garden. How about a photo Jeff?