Yahoo ID Question

Dypsisdean

Administrator
Staff member
28/09/07
Below are the higher res photos Winston sent me of the recent ID discussion on Yahoo. Feel free to post a reply.
These were extremely high quality photos, so I was able to zoom in on the flowers in one of them. I could load the full size Hi-Res photos to the wiki section if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• IMG_0725.JPG
    IMG_0725.JPG
    203 KB · Views: 395
  • IMG_0723.jpg
    IMG_0723.jpg
    606.6 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_0724.jpg
    IMG_0724.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 364
Everytime I turn around I find another nice plant/tree from this huge family.
Here's a little blurb from The Seed Company in the UK:

LEGUMINOSAE (now separated into CAESALPINIACEAE, FABACEAE, MIMOSACAE, PAPILIONACEAE) - The Pea Family

This is one of the largest and most useful plant families. - 17,000 species, distributed almost throughout the world. It includes many well-known vegetables particularly of temperate regions (Beans, Peas), ornamental trees in tropical regions (Bauhinia, Flamboyant, Cassia), fodder crops (Clover, Lucerne) and weeds (Vetches and Trefoils), and their growth habits vary from ground cover and aquatic to shrubs, climbers and trees. Many species of trees in this family are important for their timber.

(I'm sorry, but the differences between the new families are too complicated for me, so I'm lumping them all together under the old name Leguminosae)