1. NEW BROMELIAD FORUM
    Guest - Don't miss our new forum. Perhaps you have something to add or share with us.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Check out, join, and contribute to our Facebook Page. Help get more people to the Forum. NEW TROPISCAPE FACEBOOK GROUP
    Dismiss Notice

Yahoo ID Question

Discussion in 'BIG LEAF TROPICALS' started by Dypsisdean, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Dypsisdean

Dypsisdean Administrator Staff Member

Below are the higher res photos Winston sent me of the recent ID discussion on Yahoo. Feel free to post a reply.
    These were extremely high quality photos, so I was able to zoom in on the flowers in one of them. I could load the full size Hi-Res photos to the wiki section if anyone is interested.

Attached Files:

2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  3. Ken Greby

Ken Greby Guest

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  4. ariscott

ariscott Active Member

Very beautiful flowers....

5. Dypsisdean

Dypsisdean Administrator Staff Member

Everytime I turn around I find another nice plant/tree from this huge family.
    Here's a little blurb from The Seed Company in the UK:

LEGUMINOSAE (now separated into CAESALPINIACEAE, FABACEAE, MIMOSACAE, PAPILIONACEAE) - The Pea Family

This is one of the largest and most useful plant families. - 17,000 species, distributed almost throughout the world. It includes many well-known vegetables particularly of temperate regions (Beans, Peas), ornamental trees in tropical regions (Bauhinia, Flamboyant, Cassia), fodder crops (Clover, Lucerne) and weeds (Vetches and Trefoils), and their growth habits vary from ground cover and aquatic to shrubs, climbers and trees. Many species of trees in this family are important for their timber.

(I'm sorry, but the differences between the new families are too complicated for me, so I'm lumping them all together under the old name Leguminosae)