1. NEW BROMELIAD FORUM
    Guest - Don't miss our new forum. Perhaps you have something to add or share with us.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Check out, join, and contribute to our Facebook Page. Help get more people to the Forum. NEW TROPISCAPE FACEBOOK GROUP
    Dismiss Notice

Wow - Yeller & Green nude pictures, What am I seeing ???

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by Moose, May 24, 2011.

Please Help Support Our Generous Sponsors

1. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

On my way home from voting today, I spotted this croton growing in a yard about 4 blocks from my home. The closer I got to it, the better I liked it. :) Positioned on the north side of the property about 8 feet from the road, it is growing under a small Gumbo Lumbo tree adjacent to a General Paget. Under it appears to be a Franklin Roosevelt. In a relatively open area, it gets alot of sun and no protection from winter's north winds.

The leaves are very nicely veined with a brillant yellow coloring. I estimate that the leaves are between 6 - 8 inches in length. The plant also looks like it naturally maintains a "bushy" appearance without the training of humans. At first glance, I was thinking perhaps a John Bender in mucho sun. I found no red petioles on the leaves however. :confused:

I am clueless as to what cultivar this could be. :confused: Has anyone seen one like it? Any ideas ? The Moose could use your help with an ID. :eek:

Attached Files:

2. Jeff Searle

Jeff Searle Well-Known Member

Ron,

The closest thing that comes to mind would be a Prince Phillip.

3. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Jeff - I checked the book and the photo. This morning I went back and checked out the plant again. It looks real close to Prince Philip. I'll try and get permission from the owner to put on a small airlayer. :)

4. Crazy for Crotons

Crazy for Crotons Well-Known Member

Ron, call it General Petra.