Winter Survivors

Central Floridave

16/07/09
Although there was a little scare late Feb early March I had a very warm winter. The croton show that. I didn't lose any plants that I normally do every winter like copperleaf and papaya. Typically those are the sentinel plants that show cold damage first. The copperleaf didn't drop a leaf and the Papaya are holding fruit right now. So, with that said, Yeah for warm winters, and on with the photos!

IMG_7162.jpgIMG_7171.jpgIMG_7176.jpgIMG_7177.jpg

.Sorry about no names. I decided a long time ago I'm not doing croton names. I can't even remember people's names so croton names would clog my limited brain.... I know some of the names but overall I gave up on remembering them....

IMG_7226.jpgIMG_7234.jpgIMG_7235.jpgIMG_7236.jpg

Those three small ones are volunteer seedlings that popped up. There are several throughout my yard. Hopefully they grow up to be desirable.

Really great photos, I had more wind burn in Plantation. I can relate to the name game the only shot I have is the little metal tags. The 32 picture is very special for me great color thanks for the post.

Thanks for checking them out. I think #32 is a Thanksgiving but that would be just a guess.

Name tags are a good idea but would be too much work. I gotta whole lotta croton in the yard. I think I suffer from hoarder's disease. Luckily it is just an outside OCD thing and inside isn't like what you see on those hoarder reality TV shows. The wife has the inside, me the outside. My mom kind of suffers from hoarders OCD and is or was a antique/junk collector and her house is now full of crap. I think I may have inherited a lil' bit of that. It could be worse and I could be hooked on heroin. LOL...I'll stick with croton/cordyline/palm and tropical fruit trees. Much safer. Just joking here.

Thanks to everyone who post photos to this forum and thanks to palmpedia for hosting it.

Great to look at beautiful crotons while I had my coffee this morning. Thanks. Fortunately, we had a mild winter in Sarasota as well. This is the first year I can remember none of the acalyphas at least partially defoliating.

Ana