1. NEW BROMELIAD FORUM
    Guest - Don't miss our new forum. Perhaps you have something to add or share with us.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Check out, join, and contribute to our Facebook Page. Help get more people to the Forum. NEW TROPISCAPE FACEBOOK GROUP
    Dismiss Notice

White tortoiseshell??

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by Bullwinkle, May 30, 2011.

Please Help Support Our Generous Sponsors

1. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Esteemed Member

This is a small one but looks like it will be nice one she grows.Looks like it will have a pink outline with white and green accents.

Attached Files:

2. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

The white will slowly color up. You have a typical Tortoise Shell. Just be glad you dont have an all green one, there is such a thing. ;)

3. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

Can Tortoise Shell handle the colder temps of Winter outside in Central FL ? I have my eye on one.

4. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Scott - perhaps Bren or Ray would know best. Can you grow Bravo ? Tortoise Shell is reportedly a sport from Bravo. If you can grow Bravo then I think you would have a good chance with Tortoise Shell in my opinion. :) Hope this helps until you get an answer. ;)

5. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

Just got a Bravo and has not gone thru a winter with me. I have about 18 hrs to make up my mind for a T. Shell.

6. Phil Stager

Phil Stager Well-Known Member

Scott-
    Both Bravo and Tortoise Shell (a sport of Bravo) got whacked the past two winters, Tortoise Shell being more readily defoliated than Bravo. The T Shells are slow bouncing back this year.

7. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Esteemed Member

The mature leaves looked very different from my other tortoiseshell.I will keep an eye on this one till its gets a little older.

8. Crazy for Crotons

Crazy for Crotons Well-Known Member

Never heard of a white version but that means nothing. The one in the photo has some pink so it should be the normal version.

9. keith

keith Active Member

If you go to siamcroton.com - they have a plant named Harmonious, which looks
    like a yellow form of tortoiseshell.