White Polychrome?

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by palmisland, Sep 4, 2013.

Banner funded expressly in recognition and support of Tropiscape.

1. palmisland

palmisland Well-Known Member

Would this be White Polychrome?:rolleyes: I've had this a few years & just saw the vacant White Polychrome section in the WIKI. DSC_0049.jpg Watcha think?:confused:

2. Jerry Shilling

Jerry Shilling Well-Known Member

Randy - the coloring & veining looks more like Mosaic prior to the pink...White Mosaic?

3. Jeff Searle

Jeff Searle Well-Known Member

I agree jerry, it's markings resemble more of a Mosaic than a Polychrome. But in order to call a croton a White Polychrome, your plant has to originate from a Polychrome. The White form of Ann Rutherford I'm sure originated from a Ann Rutherford plant. And so on. Because, the last thing you want is people coming up with all kinds of "forms" from a zillion different crotons that they "think" looks like that parent plant. Right?

4. palmisland

palmisland Well-Known Member

OK, so White Mosaic it is.:rolleyes::rolleyes: Sorry, I really don't remember the origin of the plant, so I can't comment on that. Does anyone have a White Polychrome or a photo? Here's another photo with the flash showing just a hint of pink. It is in deep shade though. DSC_0047.jpg

5. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Randy - did you get that from Jamaican Shirley? :confused:

One of the nicer "white" crotons I've seen. :cool:

6. JoseLopez

JoseLopez Well-Known Member

Randy,I have this plant as a white polychrome, i had it in the shade but i moved it to a brighter area. Some leaves grew white and turned pink. the other picture is white mosaic. and also i want to show this picture of these white leaves in this plant that i think is a hybrid. 017.jpg 016.jpg 012.jpg

7. Phil Stager

Phil Stager Well-Known Member

White polychrome sounds like an over eager description of a Polychrome that has not had time for its leaves to mature from the initial white to pink; same for Mosaic. Sew hat it looks like in late October.