Where is the rain ???

Radar was looking promising last evening as the rains were moving in from the Gulf. Four hours of drips, for a total of .10" here. Got a nice light and sound show out of it all. Sprinkler system is getting a good workout these days.

Got .75" of rain here last week but it came at a 42F degree price. On the bright side, this will help harden off the plants before the real cold gets here in late January/early February. You didn't think we'd seen the worst of the winter season yet did you??

Got .75" of rain here last week but it came at a 42F degree price. On the bright side, this will help harden off the plants before the real cold gets here in late January/early February. You didn't think we'd seen the worst of the winter season yet did you??

So far so good. :) Back to dragging the hose around. Would really appreciate just a quarter inch of rain. An easy trade off, old man winter stay away and I'll gladly drag the hose. :eek:

All this warm weather, I bet the Gulf and Atlantic temps are above normal. Could make for a very active storm season unfortunately ... :(

So far so good. :) Back to dragging the hose around. Would really appreciate just a quarter inch of rain. An easy trade off, old man winter stay away and I'll gladly drag the hose. :eek:

All this warm weather, I bet the Gulf and Atlantic temps are above normal. Could make for a very active storm season unfortunately ... :(

I agree with you Ron. I will take no rain over getting the cold fronts here.

Time to resuscitate this thread. Yesterday's .00000000000000001" of rain doesn't qualify as measurable or beneficial and frankly, I'm f%^$$ing tired of the drought and lingering cool weather. Bring me heat, humidity and plentiful rainfall.

I guess the rains have been good for all in the recent weeks. I think I have had only 2 dry days in a month now. Raining again now, plants are happy.

August has not been a very good month for rainfall at the Moose Land. Very often an early morning or late afternoon storm gets brewing only to fall to the south, west or north of me. I work just 5 miles away and see lots of rain just to come home to find my garden bone dry. Broward County has seen copious amounts of rain. I sure get envious of Broward as I am dragging around the hose. My plants are cranking due to the temperaures, high humidity and supplemental irrigation. I am sure that I would have seen alot of leaf drop and new flushes of leaves aborting without the watering. Time spent hand watering, especially the containers, could be better spent on getting some plants that are screaming to get planted.

Its not that I have not gotten any rain. Usually brief showers that provides short temporary relief, only to find the plants water stressed the next day. This morning I've been getting a much welcomed nice steady rain that should keep my plants very happy for the next 3-4 days.

Chris sunk a well awhile back and now has irrigation. Its time to beg him to lend a hand for me to do the same. More time to weed, give attention to my plants and clean up and organize all the crap I got laying around.

Rains have been good this summer. I have received just the right amount almost daily to keep the plants happy. The ground is muddy in areas but that is expected for my garden in the wet season.