Where are all the permanent pics to refer to?

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by junglegal, Aug 14, 2010.

Banner funded expressly in recognition and support of Tropiscape.

1. junglegal

junglegal Esteemed Member

The picture catalog online is sorely lacking. I see all these great pics in threads but hardly anything on here. I think the set up is great IF you know what type of leave you have but it would be helpful to also have a master list to peruse.

I am officially volunteering to start posting pics of positively ID'd plants. Email me your resized pics that you took and I'll start working on it. This site should be the premier go to for picture IDs don't ya think?. A FAQ 101 is also in order for newbies like me listing ferts, scale control etc....

2. Dypsisdean

Dypsisdean Administrator Staff Member

I'm glad someone is interested in adding to the Croton Encyclopedia. We have so many great photos.

I'll PM Jungle Gal and we'll see if we can hook up via phone, and I can tell her how to go about doing this easily. It would be nice to have some other volunteers as well. If anyone is interested in experimenting, all you have to do is right click on any photo you want to save. Make a folder and download them while renaming them if you like, with the name of the plant to make it easier later.

Then you can upload ten at a time to the wiki Encyclopedia. (left sidebar when in the wiki - "Upload Files") Once they are uploaded it's a little trickier, but all you have to do is click on the "edit" tab on any croton page to see how it is done. You can't mess anything up, so give it a try.

3. junglegal

junglegal Esteemed Member

Well, I managed to upload my pic of Norma, went to add it to the Broad leaf category and got stumped. Didn't know how to add an 'N' to the list with the subcategory of Norma and attach my pic. If you can give me/us a quick FAQ, I can get started today. I am home sick and bored...