What to do now ???

ScotTi

Esteemed Member
16/04/08
Today I checked the log cutting that Lee gave out at Phils 2 weeks ago. I placed in a pot and placed in a bag, I see 3 green sprouts on the log now. Do I leave it bagged? Do I need to remove the bag now? Or?

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 115
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 112
Scott,

You could leave these bagged still for another 1-3 weeks if you want. As long as the soil doesn't stay real wet and heavy while bagged up. I brought my pot home and just placed it in my seedhouse, which is just a small shadehouse, and their starting pop out with new sprouts as well. So either way,your on your way.

Moose,
Harold Lee brought a bunch of cuttings to share with the society at last meeting. There were also several auction plants that were unrooted. I bought one, ID is unknown. My stick is also throwing a lot of new growth too. I am using the baggie method for both. So far so good.

Attachments

• unknown croton.jpg
    unknown croton.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 142
Moose,
Harold Lee brought a bunch of cuttings to share with the society at last meeting. There were also several auction plants that were unrooted. I bought one, ID is unknown. My stick is also throwing a lot of new growth too. I am using the baggie method for both. So far so good.

I really wanted wanted one of the auction plants, but I thought it best to let the more experienced members get them. Maybe my luck is changing on rooting Crotons now. I accidentally broke my Queen of Siam back in June, stuck it in the ground with no hope. It now is throwing new growth.

Moose,

Bren, How are your cuttings doing now?

I'm happy to report that both my auction cutting and the freebie are both alive. Leaves aren't nearly as mature looking as above but it's chugging along. I think it was ID'd as Dr. Alexander

I am happy to report that mine is also chugging along.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 120
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 121
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 107
Well it is moving along bit now.

Attachments

• IMG_8378.jpg
    IMG_8378.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 100
And just a bit over 3 yrs later not showing any good colors yet. I have it planted in 1/2 day sun.
IMG_3414.jpgIMG_3415.jpg