1. NEW BROMELIAD FORUM
    Guest - Don't miss our new forum. Perhaps you have something to add or share with us.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Check out, join, and contribute to our Facebook Page. Help get more people to the Forum. NEW TROPISCAPE FACEBOOK GROUP
    Dismiss Notice

What going on here?

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by ScotTi, May 12, 2010.

Please Help Support Our Generous Sponsors

1. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

Here is a few pics of my Eburnum that came thru the winter with no damage. But what is going on with the giant new leaf?

Attached Files:

2. fawnridge

fawnridge Well-Known Member

Remember, Crotons are genetically unstable. The cold winter has done all sorts of weird things to mine. Curly Boy now has perfectly straight leaves, ditto for Yellow Excurrens. There will be sports all over the place this Spring.

3. Phil Stager

Phil Stager Well-Known Member

Scott-
    not that unusual on Eburnum. I've had a whole stem or branch regress like that; chop and into the trash. As Fawn noted, lots of unusual things going on after this winter. How many will turn into sports is another question but with a lot more eyes looking something really wierd should show up. Lots of curly leaves coming out straight; no interuptions on normally interupted varieties; smaller than usual leaves; not much variation on variegated leaves.

FWIW, my interupted varieties came through in good shape except for Coral Shower which got partly defoliated.

4. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

Thanks for the info. I am not going to chop it off as I think it is neat looking. I also noticed that my Paintbrush is also putting out large (for Paintbrush) oval leaves. I will get a picture of Paintbrush as it grows larger.

Attached Files:

5. irene_kingsley

irene_kingsley Active Member

haha. My Tamara too has leaves smiliar as scott Mcintosh. i pinched off them as it is genetically unstable. hehe

6. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

I noticed today my Dreadlocks no longer has dreads :mad:

7. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

Not colorful but I like the large glossy green leaves so far.

Attached Files:

• 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      238.1 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      163.8 KB
      Views: