What a warm period,this is our 14th day in a row over 80 degrees !!

Bullwinkle

Esteemed Member
17/11/10
For those who do not know I am frantically airlayering and cutting all of my plants since I am moving in 2 weeks.This warm weather has been fantastic,my airlayers are powering along like in June.Put on the last set of layers 3 weeks ago and most already have roots!!

Good going Mike. I was waiting until spring, but I was also thinking a few air layers are in order. Good luck with your move.......I hope your staying in the area.:p

I am very glad to be back in the warm weather, as I have been in VA since the first of the year. Not use to the cold temps any longer. Highs were most of the time 40s lows in 20s. My crotons were left on their own here and thank goodness for no freezes. Lots of fresh new growth on the crotons and a few more weeks we will be out of danger.

Suppose to get up to 80 F again today here. An artic blast could form and put a hurting on all the actively growing crotons, it is still January. Very little hardening off has occured here. One day at a time, the February 20th date keeps getting closer. :)

The coldest I see forecast here thru Feb 5 is one night in the mid 40s. Lots of new growth on the Crotons and no leaf drop so far this winter. The Crotons up this way get use to the 40s so I see no problem up this way.