Welcome Crotonheads

Dypsisdean

Administrator
Staff member
28/09/07
Welcome to Everyone Hooked on Crotons.

It will be nice to have you guys here. I need to learn more about these plants. I have a lot space and need the color. I am a little late to the party, but I'll catch up. :)

John...they make GREAT houseplants with bright light! Even in Holland, they survive the winters with bright light and artificial light. It is a common hotel lobby, office desk, and houseplant around the world for this very reason!

TikiRick

Well we all need something we don't have! Right now I need a glacier! I have lived in South Florida for about 35 years and have never seen it hit 100F. Yesterday, it did.

Congratulations! I have always said, once it gets to a 100, sell!

I know how miserable it must be with the humidity added to it. We get over a 100 all of the time (twice this year already) but the low humidity makes it bearable......

Stay cool,...I suggest heavy drinking.....

Thanks, I think this will prove helpful for those of us who grow crotons. I hope I can learn and contribute info. too.
Plant Nut

This Forum has been a long time coming. Now if we can get some of the real croton croonies to join in!

Thanks Dean and Rick for the awesome job!!

Lee

I'm excited too. It seems I was a little late to catch the croton bug. But after seeing some recent gardens heavy with nice crotons and ti plants, how could I resist all that color. So it's nice this is getting going right at the same time I started getting interested.

Hey Dean! What type of plants are you NOT interested in?
Thanks for all of your help and support getting this site up and running.....

I would have to say the only plants I'm not that interested in are weeds and nuclear plants. (not necessarily opposed, just not interested) :)

But I am opposed to weeds. :)

Attention...Jim Glock, Attention Jim Glock......I see you just became a crotonhead. Good! We need more good people like yourself, although Judy's the real expert in the family. I hope you guys get involved a little here.

And to all of you that don't know the Glocks, they have one of the most impressive collections and beautifully grown plants you'll ever see.

Jeff

TikiRick - Yes, we'll be hosting the October 17th meeting in our garden. If you're coming, bring an appetite as I'll be cooking pulled pork along with the famous Boca Boys Baked Beans.

Hey Phil,

I'm on the dry side, but up the hill at 2200 ft. where it averages around 60in/year with constant high humidity. Every single night it's 100% with dew dripping from the trees.

So concerning the topic you answered on spider mites - I really don't ever have any on other stuff. But thrips can be a problem on ti plants, so I'm guessing they may like crotons as well. We'll see.

Well we all need something we don't have! Right now I need a glacier! I have lived in South Florida for about 35 years and have never seen it hit 100F. Yesterday, it did.

Its now almost the middle of October. Out in the yard working in 90+F for three days. :mad: When are we going to get some relief? Not even an afternoon shower to take the edge off. :(

Rick - where is the glacier you ordered? :eek:

Not something I'm looking forward to. I enjoy the hot days and warm nights, just like my air conditioning. Just not the electric bill.

But....I did just stick a few more croton cuttings in the mist house over the weekend. Mostly Red Quill.