1. Please enjoy this new off-topic forum. It is open to everyone. Common sense will prevail as to what can be discussed. If any discussion becomes too controversial or offensive to some, it will be moved to the private "Talk Story" forum.

If you wish to read the more provocative topics in the private forum, please click on the "Contact Us" link in the lower right corner of any page and request admission.

(You may dismiss this notice permanently by clicking on the small "X" - upper right)
    Dismiss Notice

Water rationing getting tighter..for me.

Discussion in 'INTERESTING, INSIGHTFUL, PROVOCATIVE, EDUCATIONAL' started by Stan, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

To make a long story short..its now getting drastic. I might have to stop all yard watering but for a few in ground plants- to have enough to keep alive the potted plants. And those potted succulents are really going to go dry now.

One more year of this..is going to make dust and shriveled the new look. Really,I cant see how any gardener who's been at it many years would be able to have anything extra for what used to be the old ways.

I should have made my hobby haky sack.

2. Dypsisdean

Dypsisdean Administrator Staff Member

Sorry to hear that Stan. Hopefully a wet winter will give you some relief.

You should be growing almonds. At least you would have some friends with bucks on your side.

3. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

We actually had a normal rainfall year this year. So,natives Dean look great. They even got some summer rains. Also,back in December the bay area set a record for most rain in that month.
    And we still have the worst drought ever. Amazing.

I'm probably dead wrong..but I doubt we will ever have a deep,deep,snowpack- Donner Party like- ever again.

I might just move to South Florida. Less taxes,more property.

4. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Come on down! The salaries suck but that happens in banana republic countries. We are a sovereign banana republic on U.S. soil. We do have great weather and lots of rain!