Wanna Dance?

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by Jerry Shilling, Jun 24, 2013.

Banner funded expressly in recognition and support of Tropiscape.

1. Jerry Shilling

Jerry Shilling Well-Known Member

I've only named one thus far..."Daisy's Dance". After 2 years in a pot, it went in the ground in April. This and it's location has made for one happy croton. A few months more of root development and I'll begin to airlayer this one. I have really enjoyed watching Daisy dance. This was a cross of Sybil Griffen & Mrs. Snyder's Disraeli (seed).

Attached Files:

2. annafl

annafl Esteemed Member

Oh my gosh, Jerry, she is spectacular:cool:!!! Those crazy lobes are incredible, as are the colors and overall look. Thanks so much for showing us. She was definitely worth waiting for all the time it took to grow her to this stage. Hey, now that you're back, could you please show us how others in your garden are doing? I miss seeing your plants. Thanks! Ana

3. palmisland

palmisland Well-Known Member

That's a winner Jerry. I had a quick tour of your croton factory a few weeks ago by the Glock's. I don't remember seeing this one as my head was about to explode after touring your garden after the Glock's garden. Croton overload for sure :cool:

4. keith

keith Active Member

Super nice! The best croton Ive seen in awhile.

5. kwtimo

kwtimo Well-Known Member

Jerry, that is one gorgeous croton. I would love to have an air layer some day. Thanks for sharing this.

6. donroberth

donroberth Well-Known Member

BEAUTIFUL...IF YOU EVER COME TO COSTA RICA, AN AIR-LAYER WOULD BE WARMLY RECEIVED...WOW !!!:p

7. Jodi Shilling

Jodi Shilling Member

I love Daisy's Dance! I know sweet baby Daisy is smiling from Heaven at her grandpa's creation. What a beautiful gift you have given her and us! I love you!

8. Jerry Shilling

I had to leave paradise for a few days and felt compelled to protect my dancing Daisy from any falling palm fronds.

Attached Files:

9. kwtimo

kwtimo Well-Known Member

Jerry, brilliant contraption. I'll have to remember that for projects in the future. Thanks for sharing.

10. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

I agree Keith. If Daisy's Dance proves to be a good grower and not finicky, it will be found in alot of gardens with time. :D

11. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

I agree Keith. If Daisy's Dance proves to be a good grower and not finicky, it will be found in alot of gardens with time. :D

12. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

Jerry, I do not know how I missed this thread. Daisy's Dance is a very unique and most spectacular Croton I have ever seen. If you were to classify the leaf shape what leaf shape listed in the WIKI would fit it best if any? Thanks again for posting the great pictures.

13. Jerry Shilling

Thanks Scott...this one is my favorite for sure. The best way for me to describe the leaves would be a tri-lobe with horns. I need to photograph some of the leaves individually to show how funky they can get.

14. Kingdavid

Kingdavid Esteemed Member

I need Daisy to Dance under the Oak tree ...... What a beautiful Plant . Well done !