1. NEW BROMELIAD FORUM
    Guest - Don't miss our new forum. Perhaps you have something to add or share with us.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Check out, join, and contribute to our Facebook Page. Help get more people to the Forum. NEW TROPISCAPE FACEBOOK GROUP
    Dismiss Notice

USF sale this weekend

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by Crazy for Crotons, Oct 8, 2010.

Please Help Support Our Generous Sponsors

1. Crazy for Crotons

Crazy for Crotons Well-Known Member

Who's attending the now massive USF fall plant sale?

Ray

2. Jeff Searle

Jeff Searle Well-Known Member

Not me, I was just at the largest plant sale last weekend. :) What makes this sale so massive? Did they add something?

3. Crazy for Crotons

The October sale always draws thousands. I've also heard some radio ads for the first time.

4. Crazy for Crotons

Just as I was typing my last response, I received an e-mail from Connie.

"Due to vehicle mechanical breakdown, the Croton Society will not be able to set up and participate in the USF Fall Sale this year. As disappointing as this is, things happen that are beyond our control. Thank you to our volunteers for wanting to step up to the plate one more time. Thank you all for understanding."

5. junglegal

junglegal Esteemed Member

Well since the society won't be there, I'm skipping it this year. I'll be too tempted and already have too many plants to care for this winter. I'll save my money and buy a roll of greenhouse film to wrap my screened porch.

6. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

With me not being able to make Jeff's sale, this is a real bummer for me. Oh well. I will find something there.

7. Sihara

Sihara Active Member

Me neither. I spent too much at that large sale last weekend :D

I've got to get a contractor and put up one of those bird-cage patio cover things. I'm sick of lubbers eating the potted palms & cordies to death.

8. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

I believe that the Croton Society should paticipate this coming October. It seems to be an excellent venue to create interest in our society and a chance to raise some funds. If so, I am willing to get some air layers going and donate nice plants for this sale. This is usually coordinated by our west coast membership, is there a plan of action regarding the USF Sale? :confused: