Unhappy

annafl

Esteemed Member
I have two crotons that were recently planted. One is in half day sun and is dropping some of the few leaves it has. I think they are davis hybrids- the unhappy one was sold to me by Mark Peters as a Davis #7 and is white/cream and green. I guess I thought these tolerated quite a bit of sun (like yellow and green crotons?). Do I need to put this in shade or will it just take some adapting? Thanks in advance:confused:.

One bit of advice is to water twice a day for the next few weeks.The root structure might have been ok to support a plant under cover but direct sunlight is another matter.You might keep losing leaves but I am pretty sure the plants will survive.

Don't be afraid to dig up & move a poor performing croton. I either find a more suitable spot or re-pot it until it gains some strength before re-planting.

I'm torn Randy. I will water a lot the next day or two and if it doesn't look a lot happier I will transplant this weekend. Does anyone know if Davis hybrids (white and green) do better in more or less sun? Thanks!