-UK101 ID Help Please

Discussion in 'NAME THAT CROTON' started by kwtimo, Jan 16, 2014.

1. kwtimo

kwtimo Well-Known Member

I posted these pics over a month ago, but Anna was the only one who responded. Anyone else have any ideas? CAM00089.jpg CAM00088.jpg CAM00087.jpg CAM00086.jpg

2. Marie Nock

Marie Nock Well-Known Member

Re: ID Help Please

Tim, compare the first one to your Mdme. Fernand Kohl - looks very similar to me. Why don't you think the last one is Fred Sanders?

3. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Esteemed Member

Agree with Marie

4. annafl

annafl Esteemed Member

For what it's worth, I agree with Marie also.:)

5. kwtimo

kwtimo Well-Known Member

I was fairly certain that the green and yellow was Fred Sanders, which is why I decided not to buy it at the nursery I saw it at. It is nice to have confirmation from a consensus, though. The other croton had me a bit more confused, and I decided to purchase one because the coloring was real nice on it. At first I remember thinking Pres. Reagan. Then Madame Fernand Kohl, then Corot. Considering the nursery source of where it came from, I didn't think it was something exceptionally rare, but I am always looking for different, cool stuff when plant shopping. I also took into account that these crotons were seemingly not looked after a whole lot, and had been needing up sizing of pots for a while now. They were, however, visibly clean of any pests. Thank you for your input Crotonites!:)

6. fawnridge

fawnridge Well-Known Member

The second one is definitely Fred Sanders. The first one is definitely not President Reagan or Carot. I don't know what it is, but those two are out.