Todays Photos

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by palmisland, Mar 4, 2014.

Banner funded expressly in recognition and support of Tropiscape.

1. palmisland

palmisland Well-Known Member

Just playing around with my camera.:D DSC_0060.jpg DSC_0062.jpg DSC_0065.jpg DSC_0072.jpg DSC_0075.jpg DSC_0078.jpg DSC_0082.jpg DSC_0086.jpg

2. palmisland

More practice. DSC_0042.jpg DSC_0040.jpg DSC_0096.jpg DSC_0108.jpg DSC_0116.jpg DSC_0134.jpg DSC_0035.jpg DSC_0047.jpg

3. donroberth

donroberth Well-Known Member

Hi Palmisland...what beautiful plants you have to practice with! Are these cultivars part of your garden?...WOW! How about some names for these beauties :confused:

4. waykoolplantz

waykoolplantz Active Member

I think Randy's garden should be renamed Tiffanys...amazing jewels everywhere

5. palmisland

Ok, not all have names & I could use a little help. :roll eyes:

first 2, Norwood Beauty
    Sunrise
    Pop's Yard
    ?
    ?
    Jean Frances Fascell
    ?

-Randy

6. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Esteemed Member

Looking good,do you know the 4th one in the second set of pics??I need one of those!!It looks similar to Flamingo but the leaf shape looks different??

7. annafl

annafl Esteemed Member

Oh my goodness, Randy, that's what I needed today.:D. What color they all have. Waiting for more names. That one yellow/green in the first set with the uneven lobes is still Philadelphia, in my opinion. The description in the Christian Papers, as Robertico pointed out, fits it too perfect.

8. annafl

annafl Esteemed Member

My quick guesses for the next set:

Caribbean Star
    Davis #7
    ?
    Flamingo
    Nancy Reagan
    Kiss and Tell
    Combo
    Edwin T. Meredith

9. annafl

annafl Esteemed Member

I was too quick in my guessing and didn't look at the closeups. I have two revisions. #2 is probably White Ann Rutherford that looks more yellow, and #5 is Wilma. I've never seen orange in my Wilma and it threw me off, but even the leaf is not quite like Nancy Reagan. So, let's try again!:eek:

By the way, can you edit these posts?

10. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

Randy, Thanks for great photos of your great looking Crotons.

11. palmisland

VERY, very good Ana;) Your Id'ing is outstanding & the Edwin T Merideth is yours as a prize.

The third would be impossible to Id. It's a sport of a sport from an extremely unimpressive croton. It has red petioles & yellow stems. It's keeping it's color for now, but then again it's a croton.

DSC_0026.jpg DSC_0027.jpg

The one you thought was Kiss and Tell is a croton I found at the entrance to a small development in Boca. Ricky calls it Suzi Silverado. I think it's in the Macarthur complex & the colors are really variable.

12. annafl

annafl Esteemed Member

Woohoooooo!!! I win a prize! A beautiful Edwin T. Meredith. Thanks, Randy:D. Randy, the colors on your crotons are unreal. Really, they're almost unreal. That orangy Wilma and that pink-leaved veiny unknown are so vibrant. Suzi also. Thanks for sharing. Can you show more?:rolleyes:

13. annafl

annafl Esteemed Member

Randy, thanks for the beautiful crotons! I am so happy to have them and they are just beautiful. You are very generous and kind.:) Ana