todays favorites

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by andy, Jun 13, 2012.

Banner funded expressly in recognition and support of Tropiscape.

1. andy

andy Active Member

A few from the garden (any excuse to take a break from pulling weeds)
    1-jungle queen
    2 thomas edison
    3&4 dr.browns coppinger

Attached Files:

2. Bills

Bills Banned

wow the coppinger is looking awsome you need to show more of your collection told you your yard is awsome you should invite more to see your palm and croton collection

3. Jeff Searle

Jeff Searle Well-Known Member

Andy,

Is that the actual name, Dr Brown's Coppinger? I'm also curious, who gets creit for the plant? Frank Brown, or was it a Henry Coppinger plant? It's pretty nice I have to say. And like Bill said, I would love to see more pic's of your garden. Thanks.
    Jeff

4. donroberth

donroberth Well-Known Member

Very nice garden pics...your fotography is very good as well. Enjoyed your fotos...keep them coming !

5. keith

keith Active Member

There are two crotons with the Frank Brown name, one is a Davis plant, and the other is Coppingers Frank Brown.

6. andy

andy Active Member

Jeff,I believe from what I was told it was a coppinger plant,I was given a Cutting of this plant close to 2 years ago from Bob Alonzo-John Shelton
    Bill also was given one and I have not seen his latley, this is a very slow grower along the lines of exotica (at least for me )
    I started collecting palms only 4-5 years ago and crotons about 3 years my palms are small and nothing too amazing size wise yet.Anyways I will post some pics from time to time.
    thanks

7. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Andy - your Thomas Edison looks perfect. The Coppinger's Dr. Brown is simply spectacular. :cool:

Too bad so many of the real beauties are slowl. Would you rate it as Mona Lisa slow? :confused:

Thanks for sharing!

8. andy

andy Active Member

charmer
    president regan
    papey

Moose,In my opinion I have a cutting of mona lisa same age that is double the size of the coppinger but the monalisa is in the ground and the coppinger is still in a pot reason being that a cold winter was instore last year so I left it potted up for easy removal inside but of course we had a warm winter, I am going put it in the ground this week and compare the growth rate

Attached Files:

9. Crotonologist

Crotonologist Active Member

Man that President Reagan is superb!

10. andy

andy Active Member

just found out that the Dr. Brown coppinger came out of john benders collection years ago

11. Jeff Searle

Jeff Searle Well-Known Member

Mannnn, you ain't kidding!

And Andy, thanks for that info. about coming from John Benders yard. A real pretty croton. If you ever get an extra piece you want to trade for, let me know.
    Jeff

12. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Need more Andy photos ! :cool:

13. Bills

Bills Banned

Andys is going to be a lucky man he will be gtting my collection soon the bank one he should have great pics coming , althought his yard is awsome already