time to cut back

andy

21/05/12
Alot of faster growing common crotons taking over my palms and others most are 6" plus. Another week or so time to cut back.

Attachments

• IMG_1705.jpg
    IMG_1705.jpg
    346.4 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1706.jpg
    IMG_1706.jpg
    352.2 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1707.jpg
    IMG_1707.jpg
    348.7 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1708.jpg
    IMG_1708.jpg
    374.7 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1709.jpg
    IMG_1709.jpg
    373.7 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1710.jpg
    IMG_1710.jpg
    359.8 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1711.jpg
    IMG_1711.jpg
    354.9 KB · Views: 80
Just a light trim "Mr. Haircut Man"...I don't want to look like an Army recruit sir !!!

Nice garden...easy with the shears. Thanks for sharing the fotos. :)

Hey Moose, the problem is most of these really tall common crotons are hiding my cocothrinax crinitas,and other species of several palms.The big full crotons look great but they a common and (I hate to say this) but cut back down to a 3 gallon size I can enjoy my palms and the crotons grow back.

Ok,that makes sense when you put it that way.But some of my common crotons are my best varieties.My General Pagget and Stoplight always get the most compliments in my garden :)

Hey Moose, the problem is most of these really tall common crotons are hiding my cocothrinax crinitas,and other species of several palms.The big full crotons look great but they a common and (I hate to say this) but cut back down to a 3 gallon size I can enjoy my palms and the crotons grow back.

Hey - I've wacked back a few like that too. I did it because the plant was so infested with scale that I was afraid I could not get it all with the dense leaves. Of course you need to do it during the active growth season. They came right back.

I understand now about your trimming, you gotta see the covered up hairy trunk! ;)