Ti plant comeback.

Discussion in 'CORDYLINE CORNER - THE TI PLANT' started by Stan, Nov 28, 2015.

Banner funded expressly in recognition and support of Tropiscape.

1. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Its taken two years to recover from near death. Eaten by snails,kept in shade...I learned they like sun and it has grown so much,3" sticks to now. What it is I have long forgotten. The plant does have neon pink in the new leafs.
    IMG_2521.jpg

kwmarko likes this.
  2. Dypsisdean

Dypsisdean Administrator Staff Member

Snails have to be the worst enemy of Ti Plants. I can remember that at times in SoCal there would be snail population explosions. And if you didn't protect the Ti Plants, they would be half gone in 2 days - literally that fast.

But here in Hawaii we use the green leaves to cook in and on - so it's not only snails that dine on them.

3. kwmarko

kwmarko Active Member

I just this week lost two containers of new sprouts I assumed it was snails....they were just month old seedlings, and I had them up off the ground in a seemingly safe area... just hated to see it. But the culprits were found in the holes at the bottom of adjoining pots.... they were dealt with accordingly. I was particularly coddling of these tender succulent morsels..... was really looking foward to them growing out to see the potential variations. One container had seeds of Oahu and I was particularly interested in seeing them thrive.

Hey Dean, do you know was Oahu means in hawiian? The snails were tiny little buggers.!
    Ahhhh.... looked it up, Oahu == a gathering place...

4. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

Stan, Looks like you have 'Red Sister'.
    IMG_2303.JPG

5. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

IMG_2286.JPG What's THIS?..Its the hardiest colorful Ti I have tried. Even the stems have some small girth. No pink to leaves ever..just this dark burgundy. If those in the bay area want to try a Ti- this is one of the best.