Thomas Edison

fawnridge

04/07/09
Better shot than the one in the wiki. This one came from Jeff Searle four years ago in a 3-gallon can.

Attachments

• P1010001.jpg
    P1010001.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 111
Theres a Big one in Hollywood :) For $1.00 ill give you the address lol kidding.
I would say last time I saw it was close to 10ft tall, If the Croton Butchers didnt get to it first.

Theres a Big one in Hollywood :) For $1.00 ill give you the address lol kidding.
I would say last time I saw it was close to 10ft tall, If the Croton Butchers didnt get to it first.

I know it well. I got my first clippings from this bush, in the rain that day and with permission, and watching me from his front door.:)

Very, very nicely grown croton Ricky. That plant has truly outstanding coloring. :cool:

As I stated in another thread, it is curious why this cultivar is not found as much as it should be. :confused:

Does Thomas Edison flower infrequently? :confused: It seems it would be a nice candidate to cross-pollinate with due to the leaf size and colors. I have not heard of Thomas Edison as being a parent to any well known cultivar.

In addition, I know of no Thomas Edison sport that is around. Is there such a thing as a Yellow Thomas Edison?

Any guidance from you long term croton lovers would be appreciated. :)

I want to say, mine has flowered, but it's not very often. One of my favorite crotons out there. Never noticed any sport on any of them either. I would suspect IT WOULD be a great canidate to cross pollinate it w/ something else too.