The 2011 Holiday Croton Social

Crazy for Crotons

29/06/09
Where will it be in 2011? Naples Botanical Garden? Thomas Edison Winter Estate? I'm just throwing out some ideas. Like last year at the Glock Botanical Garden, it would be nice to pick an area between the croton hotbed areas of Tampa/St. Pete/Bradenton and Miami/Ft. Lauderdale/West Palm Beach. A December date may be too close to Jeff's November meeting but perhaps something for after new year.

Ray -
In general, December is NFG since most everyone has some sort of social or business obligations and is low on cash due to holiday shopping. Mid Jan or later is better despite the iffy wx then. A pox on the Edison Estate for destroying their croton collection. Can anyone give a repport on Naples Botanical Garden?

Have not heard further developments on this? Is this going to happen? :confused:

The weather appears to be very accommodating at this point. :cool:

Perhaps an invasion of Kamp Koki? ;)

You all can come by and admire our new irrigation system that took me three weeks on knee pads to put together.....and Jim Glock told me it would be easy!

You all can come by and admire our new irrigation system that took me three weeks on knee pads to put together.....and Jim Glock told me it would be easy!

He probably was off his medication when he passed that on to you. Lol!! But...how about some pic's of the project? I take it it was a low volumn drip system?

Speaking of the holidays, did anyone put down crotons for their "wish list" of gifts for Christmas? I know in the past I have received palms and crotons for Christmas. And at the time, it was the best presents that day.

Greetings to all and a Very Merry Christmas to all of my croton friends. Glock is alive and well! The thought of Ray in knee pads is a little scary to me:) Koki glad to hear that you got the system in and running. I have just returned from the Keys where I helped our croton brother Jerry Shilling put in a 12 zone drip irrigation system at his house on Summerland Key. It took us three days; but please don't ask how my back feels:) Jerry is well on his way to having one of most outstanding collection of crotons in the United States. Jerry has also been hybridizing crotons for a few years and has some new seedlings that show great promise. Judy (aka Croton Whore) and I will be starting our airlayers next week; place your orders early:) Again, best wishes to all!

Jim,

That sounds great! And I might add that I have been to Jerry's yard over the last couple of years and it is fast becoming a world class collection of crotons. Between their yard and the Glocks, hundreds of varieties will/should remain safe and preserved in a frost free area.