That was not a earthquake you felt in Tampa

ScotTi

Esteemed Member
16/04/08
It was me jumping up and down today. The Crotons that I feared were lost to the cold are showing new growth at ground level. Back from the dead are Red King,Q.Victoria,Gloriosum Superbum,Andreanum,Green&Gold,Zanzibar, F.Roosevelt,Queen of Siam,Fantasy,Ramshorn and Yellow Iceton.:):):):)

Great news Scott! Some of the ones coming back are on Rays list of casualties. Ran into him (Crazy about Crotons) at the Palm Beach Palm & Cycad Society Sale in Boyton Beach yesterday. He showed me his list, about a 33% BBQ rate. :(

Woah! i have not seen Queen of Siam before.The one i have is King of Siam. Could you be kind enough to post it online? CONGRATS to your new growth. I heard that this years' winter is the coldest in about 50yrs.. Glad that they are recovering. =) Yellow Iceton is a NICE cv!!!

Woah! i have not seen Queen of Siam before.The one i have is King of Siam. Could you be kind enough to post it online? CONGRATS to your new growth. I heard that this years' winter is the coldest in about 50yrs.. Glad that they are recovering. =) Yellow Iceton is a NICE cv!!!

Irene, Welcome! Here is a pic (not the best) of Queen of Siam taken in the fall. It still holds one leaf after all the cold. The plant was a single stem but is now putting out 8 shoots along the stem.

Attachments

• 248.jpg
    248.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 165
New growth pictures as of today.

Attachments

• STG_1734.jpg
    STG_1734.jpg
    389.3 KB · Views: 120
  • STH_1735.jpg
    STH_1735.jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 110
  • STI_1736.jpg
    STI_1736.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 105
  • STJ_1737.jpg
    STJ_1737.jpg
    382.8 KB · Views: 110
a few more...

Attachments

• STL_1739.jpg
    STL_1739.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 105
  • STM_1740 - Copy.jpg
    STM_1740 - Copy.jpg
    364.9 KB · Views: 121
  • STN_1741.jpg
    STN_1741.jpg
    346.2 KB · Views: 99
  • STO_1742.jpg
    STO_1742.jpg
    359 KB · Views: 116
Not to fear crotonheads. What is thought to be dead, will be full by July.

I can not believe how fast they are growing now. I have only 4 that I see no new bud growth on, but I still have not given up on them.

I can not believe how fast they are growing now. I have only 4 that I see no new bud growth on, but I still have not given up on them.

Scott - I take a page from TikiRick's method and would start hitting them with Bayers 3-1 right now. You don't want any critters sucking any life or energy out of those budding leaves after what they have been through. The liquid fertilizer in it would be like liquid love! ;) I am glad things are looking better for you. I know you were a bit down like many in your situation.

We need to shake Ray (Crazy for Crotons) out of his doldrums. Last time I saw him he mentioned something about moving to Minnesota and starting a conifer collection. Just kidding - How about giving us a shout Ray? Who better to understand your pain than fellow Crotonheads? ;)

The Crotons received the Bayers 3-1 treatment last weekend. I will be planting the potted Crotons I purchased in the fall in the Croton garden this weekend.