Thanksgiving Day Parade again ????

Post #17 photo #2 is Cameo that was a gift from Keith as a small rooted cutting. It has accelerated its growth, seems to appreciate being in the ground. Here are some updated photos of the same plant taken on 12/13/2013.

Attachments

• Cameo 1.JPG
    Cameo 1.JPG
    255.1 KB · Views: 124
  • Cameo 2.JPG
    Cameo 2.JPG
    274.2 KB · Views: 123
Post #17 photo #3 is Chrysophyllum. Here is the same plant competing with a Cryosophila warscewiczii palm for sunlight on 12/14/2013.

Attachments

• Chryo 1.JPG
    Chryo 1.JPG
    234.7 KB · Views: 114
Post #17 photo #5 is Dayspring that was acquired at my first croton hunting Searle Bros. Extravaganza. A couple of shots of the same Dayspring on 12/14/2013.

Attachments

• Dayspring 1.JPG
    Dayspring 1.JPG
    279.7 KB · Views: 123
  • Dayspring 2.JPG
    Dayspring 2.JPG
    267.1 KB · Views: 126
Post #17 photo #6 I acquired as a Gloriosa. Now I am not so certain. Could it in fact be Ellen Rutherford? A little help for the confused Moose would be appreciated. Here is an updated photo of the same plant 12/14/2013.

Attachments

• Gloriosa 1.JPG
    Gloriosa 1.JPG
    267.4 KB · Views: 128
Post #17 photo #1 is Aubrey Christian. On the Florida West Coast, some are saying that this is Captain Kidd. On this coast, I've seen this in a few collections as the Aubrey Christian. What does the West Coasters have going as Aubrey Christian? This is another ID dilemma that needs to get sorted out. I have kept mine tagged as what it was tagged as when I got it for now. This is a very slow cultivar for me. Perhaps in too shaded of an area. Here is an updated photo from 12/14/2013.

OK Phil - from the photos you have posted - it appears that your and my plant are the same cultivar. Hmmm, further evidence is that we are both experiencing slow growth rate. The question is which is the original "historical name"?

I think it may be in fair to say that the infamous fog your always referring to is clouding this one ... :confused:

:eek:

Thank you Ana. I find them interesting as well. From the tour at the Glock's, I believe that Bob Alonso & Mark Hooten both concurred that "Potter's" Pink Veitchii was original name. Same amount of letters - the name change could have been attributed to poor penmenship.

Post #10 Photo #1 is the Duke of Winsor. An air layer from this plant attended the auction at the Glock's. Here is an updated photo of the same Duke of Windsor on 12/07/2013.

'Potter's Pink' is a paint color; Potter's Pink is the lightfast pink that was used in English watercolor painting of the 18th and 19th centuries. Also used in ceramic glazes, it is romantic rose pink, delicate and neutral

Well I guess its back to posting photos on this thread. Not many other croton photos getting posted on the forum :(

Post #17 photo #7 is Colin Kelly. Here is an updated photo from 12/14/2013. It was not much of a looker for several years. Its come into its own in the last couple.

Attachments

• Colin Kelly 1.JPG
    Colin Kelly 1.JPG
    277.8 KB · Views: 122
Post #19 photo #1 is Pink Eburneum. When I acquired this croton, it was tagged as Purple Eburneun. Since the purple moniker may be invalid, I switched it to pink. This may just be an unusual form since this croton does produce lavender, mauve and amethyst colors. I've only made one air layer of this croton a few years back, it was quickly snatched up at an auction. Here is an updated photo from 12/14/2013.

Attachments

• Pink Eburneum 1.JPG
    Pink Eburneum 1.JPG
    241.7 KB · Views: 138