Testing with mobile device

Discussion in 'PALM TREES - WHERE TROPICAL STARTS' started by MattyB, Apr 30, 2014.

1. MattyB

MattyB Moderator

What's wrong with my palm?

Attached Files:

2. Dypsisdean

Dypsisdean Administrator Staff Member

Hey Matty - there are three ways to display a photo - thumb, attachment, or full size. You just did an attachment.

3. MattyB

MattyB Moderator

4. MattyB

MattyB Moderator

5. MattyB

MattyB Moderator

6. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

I would say the first one's problem is that it has a sizable tree on top of it. The others seem fine. A crowded King or is that an Alex palm being so upright?
    And I get the palm protection program invoked. Sometimes going electric seems like a good idea,when its people and critters that you need protection from.

7. MattyB

MattyB Moderator

Hi Stan! That large upright palm is Kentiopsis oliviformis, and it came from DypsisDean, in a 3 gallon pot, about 9 years ago.

8. Dypsisdean

Dypsisdean Administrator Staff Member

Wow, nice growth rate Matty - it must have been all that special care I gave it prior to your ownership. Pompus

9. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Hiya Matty,long time no see. Hows the Euphorbia cotinifolia doing? Mine's demise is in the "people problem" category. Hey,just get up and keep going is all I can do. Darn,it had a nice trunk on it too...
    Kentiopsis? Very nice. Not something spotted around here.

Hey Matty,what do you make of that Queen palm I posted with the weird but attractive fronds? Sport worth seeking seeds of? I hate to bother the owners if its just some nutrient thing.