Super Petra

Surprise!!

Actually, owning a couple of plants and "growing" this could be two different meanings. Lol. In another words, I really wish I had more plants of this one so I could grow them on to spread around. But your right, I think this variety has become pretty rare and rarely seen. Yet, I often look at that picture of what appears to be hundreds of cuttings on page 109 in the croton book, and wonder where in the hell was that taken, and where did all these plants go, and MORE importantly, where's all the stock plants that those cuttings came from? (!!!) I'd like to know! it was probably taken somewhere over in Holland in some heated greenhouse for the european market.

I'm trying to propagate this as fast as I can, but when you only get one or maybe two cuttings a year, well you understand. Their extreamly slow to grow.

Jeff

Rob and I just found 3 super petra growing on a much larger petra croton. I am 99% sure it has to be, based on my 3 plants that I have and compare to. I think with all the thousands and thousands of petras growing everywhere, I'm going to start paying more closer attention and see if I can find others.