Sunken Gardens in St. Pete

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by Phil Stager, Jun 24, 2013.

Banner funded expressly in recognition and support of Tropiscape.

1. Phil Stager

Phil Stager Well-Known Member

I'll be giving my usual one hour dog and pony show on crotons this Saturday at 11:30 am at Sunken Gardens here in St. Pete. My new handout gives the URL for this site.

2. kwtimo

kwtimo Well-Known Member

Phil, thanks for the heads up. Sorry that I will miss it. A trip that like for me has to be somewhat planned unfortunately. Hope it goes well, and I would like to attend some day. By the way, I don't have your handout, so what is the URL? Thanks.

3. Phil Stager

It's the URL for this site, the one you're reading now. I used to give out info on The Croton Society when there was one. I've got a lesson plan I use so I don't forget anything since those in the audience are usually beginners, newbies, etc. It covers croton basics - what a croton is, 9 major leaf types, propagation by air layer, pests, fertilization, pinching, etc. I bring along load of 1 - 3 gal plants for a show and tell.

4. Phil Stager

Check your regular e-mail for a copy.

5. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

I agree Tim, a road trip would have been nice. Perhaps with a "newbie" crowd Phil may have not thought we would that interested? I hope we get some new people on this forum from Phil's presentation! ;)

6. annafl

annafl Esteemed Member

Phil, I would have loved to hear your lecture also! I am leaving town that day so it's a no go. Please let us know next time. I need all the help I can get:eek:. Thanks.

Ana