1. NEW BROMELIAD FORUM
    Guest - Don't miss our new forum. Perhaps you have something to add or share with us.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Check out, join, and contribute to our Facebook Page. Help get more people to the Forum. NEW TROPISCAPE FACEBOOK GROUP
    Dismiss Notice

Summer Over!

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by Moose, Sep 22, 2010.

Please Help Support Our Generous Sponsors

1. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Today is the last official day of Summer. Fall has arrived. ;)

2. Crazy for Crotons

Crazy for Crotons Well-Known Member

Say it isn't so!! Could we please skip winter this year? We had two of them in bundled into one season last year.

3. junglegal

junglegal Esteemed Member

This is the time of year where I never get to roll up my hose. Last night was out there for an hour. The wind has been really brisk! Yep, fall is here

4. Crazy for Crotons

Yikes, fall is already here. Soon we'll be bundled up in sweaters, running frost cloth everywhere and yearning for warmer temps. The comfortable stuff is what never sticks around here for long. Last winter scarred me for life.

5. junglegal

junglegal Esteemed Member

Ha, helps to belly ache, last night I ended up a little rain. Only .18" but I'll take what I can get. Cooled things down nicely too.

6. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

I know what you mean Bren. Crotons are going limp so you spend two hours saturating roots to perk them up. It gets dark, go inside to eat a late dinner. Get ready for bed and you hear the rain on the roof although the weather person reported no chance of rain.

It always seems to rain after you water. :rolleyes:

7. Crazy for Crotons

No rain here for over two weeks now. Tampa Int'l Airport's montly rainfall average for September is 6.5". As of Friday the 24th, there's 1.01" in the bucket.

8. Phil Stager

Phil Stager Well-Known Member

9. Jeff Searle

Jeff Searle Well-Known Member

With this depression like system that is passing over south Florida, I recorded 3 1/2" of rain between yesterday and today. And we were about to turn on our sprinklers just before it started yesterday am. But............enough!