Sulphate of Potash

ScotTi

Esteemed Member
16/04/08
I hit my Ti plants with Sulphate of Potash late last summer and I am very pleased with the brighter colors now showing on the plants. A few of the Tis had no color for a few years but the colors returned. Has anyone used Sulphate of Potash on their Crotons?

Scott - I would suggest using a product called K-Mag. Randy (Palmisland) introduced me to it. It has a 2 to 1 ratio of Potassium sulphate to Magnesium sulphate. Do crotons need this, I am not sure. The sulphates they would love.

However, seeing all the palms you have in Scott Land, using only Sulphate of Potash could cause an imbalance determental to your palms. Palms do require the 2 to 1 ration of those mineral salts.

Hey, I just saved you $70 dollars having to buy the book! :p

I can't speak for the necessity of Potassium for crotons, but I do know that Mangoes absolutely love this stuff. Greensand is a fine product to use as well and is pretty cheap.

Scott - I would suggest using a product called K-Mag. Randy (Palmisland) introduced me to it. It has a 2 to 1 ratio of Potassium sulphate to Magnesium sulphate. Do crotons need this, I am not sure. The sulphates they would love.

However, seeing all the palms you have in Scott Land, using only Sulphate of Potash could cause an imbalance determental to your palms. Palms do require the 2 to 1 ration of those mineral salts.

Hey, I just saved you $70 dollars having to buy the book! :p
Ron, The Sulphate of Potash is not being used alone, and only a little so I do not fear a imbalance to the palms.

You used to be able to buy the polymer coated K-Mag from nutricote/Florikan. Maybe still can. It is slow release so it is available to the plant at the same rate as your regular nutricote or other slow release fert.