Such A Sucker

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by Moose, Apr 25, 2014.

Banner funded expressly in recognition and support of Tropiscape.

1. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

I'm a big sucker for the interrupted leaf form of crotons. This cultivar may be the best looking of the interrupted leaf crotons and one of my favorites.

Trinidad Interumptum 1.JPG Trinidad Interumptum 2.JPG Trinidad Interumptum 3.JPG Trinidad Interumptum 4.JPG Trinidad Interumptum 5.JPG

Trinidad Interruptum

2. annafl

annafl Esteemed Member

Beautiful, Ron. I've had this one but it has trouble getting color for me. I've had it almost a year. My tag says 'Trinidad Interrupted Leaf'. Would you say that's the same name? I would think so. Ron, how much sun will you put it in?

3. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Ana - It seems to appreciate bright sun. This one gets about 4 hours of strong sunlight until the house shades it in the early evening.

4. Phil Stager

Phil Stager Well-Known Member

Looks like a nice Coral Shower; needs bright light to color up well.

5. palmisland

palmisland Well-Known Member

Mine gets decent filtered light & more pink than yours.

6. palmisland

palmisland Well-Known Member

Can't post photos again:(

7. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Trinidad Interruptum 1.JPG Trinidad Interruptum 2.JPG Trinidad Interruptum 3.JPG Trinidad Interruptum 4.JPG

Phil - if you saw the plant in person, you would detect that the leaves are different. The Trinidad Interruptum has longer and wider leaves. Plus the interrupted leaf end is quite extended on most of the leaves. My Coral Showers usually develops only sporadic interrupted leaves while the Trinidad Interruptum is pretty consistent.

8. andymaycen

andymaycen Member

I've got a few interrupted type leaf varieties. One nice one I've got is mostly orange with black markings, lance shaped leaf.