Stoplight

Moose

Esteemed Member
10/09/09
Never thought this Stoplight would be looking so nice on New Years Day. This plant is about 5 1/2 ft. tall. :cool:

Attachments

• Stoplight 2.jpg
    Stoplight 2.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 107
  • Stoplight.jpg
    Stoplight.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 100
Interestingly, this is the croton that catches the eye of most pedestrians sauntering by the Moose Land. When I'm in the yard, the passer byers ask about it. More often then not, a mini tour usually ensues. All are unaware (as was I) as to the many different varieties. During the "mini-tours" they find many others that are intriguing, but it is almost always this Stoplight that peaks their interest.

Another interesting observation is the really rare stuff does not usually catch their eye. They often will like a Rex, Eleanor Roosevelt, Mrs. Iceton ... and not make much notice of Colonel Bob Bullock, Chili Pan or Madame Fernand Kohl. Go figure. :confused:

It just come down to "the eye of the beholder". Black Beauty is one that nearly all appreciate when they spy the big Momma though. :D

I have two big stoplights that I refuse to cut back,anyone who views the garden always finds this one their favorite.The combination of red,black,green,orange and yellow does the trick.

I have two big stoplights that I refuse to cut back,anyone who views the garden always finds this one their favorite.The combination of red,black,green,orange and yellow does the trick.

I am with you Mike! Don't want to cut mine back either. There was an older post that stated that Stoplights over 6 ft. are rarely encountered. I have taken this as a challenge to see how tall I can grow mine.

Mike, I recall your Stoplights. They were very nice looking plants. With their spectacular colors and relative cold tolerance, its no wonder why this is such a popular cultivar. :)