starts 2 morrow tpie

I haven't gone in years, but it's worth the trip just to see the amazing displays of orchids and bromeliads. I don't remember anyone with a huge selection of Crotons and at least half the vendors, probably more, were selling tools, fertilizer and other chemicals, hardscape, and related items. Whatever you do, eat first, because food there is more expensive than at the Dolphins games!

looking forward to checking out

Will you have a booth there? I'll be there, would sure like to put a name with a face.

Ricky,

Slow down, there are more plant vendors there selling everything you can think of. The TPIE limits the hardgood vendors to a percentage allowable in relationship to foliage/landscape ornamental growers. And it's not even close to a 50/50 %. The food, I disagree again. The buffet lunch including your drink is always $10. At the variuos snackbars, sandwiches are $8 and less. Come on, stop being so negative.:)

Jeff

Ricky,

Slow down, there are more plant vendors there selling everything you can think of. The TPIE limits the hardgood vendors to a percentage allowable in relationship to foliage/landscape ornamental growers. And it's not even close to a 50/50 %. The food, I disagree again. The buffet lunch including your drink is always $10. At the variuos snackbars, sandwiches are $8 and less. Come on, stop being so negative.:)

Jeff

Jeff - I'm not being negative, in fact I suggested he go. But my recollection of TPIE, and it's been at least 5 years since I went, was that there were less plants than other stuff. As far as food goes, I don't eat convention center food, but I do remember a $10 hot dog. Now, maybe that included $9 worth of mustard and relish, and perhaps it was a toasted rather than a raw bun, but that's not being negative, my friend.

i go to tpie and the landscape show in orlando every year for the past 5+ years and its always a good time to get away and see what the upcoming new trend is and see what new tissue culture is this years uprising. the last few years has been smaller and smaller due to the economy but always a good time to catch up with old friends and so forth. food is ok but i always go just up the street for oysters oldbay shrimp some crab and VERY COLD BEER.. southport raw bar worth the visit 4-7 happy hour and the food is amazing

i go to tpie and the landscape show in orlando every year for the past 5+ years and its always a good time to get away and see what the upcoming new trend is and see what new tissue culture is this years uprising. the last few years has been smaller and smaller due to the economy but always a good time to catch up with old friends and so forth. food is ok but i always go just up the street for oysters oldbay shrimp some crab and VERY COLD BEER.. southport raw bar worth the visit 4-7 happy hour and the food is amazing

Crab, shrimp, beer and plants - who could go wrong !!! :eek: