Spring is Done

Moose

Esteemed Member
10/09/09
Yesterday the "offical high" was 89 F. I recorded an non-shaded 92 F in the Moose Land. It may be safe to say - we are now experiencing Summer time temps but sans our afternoon showers. Supposedly there is a cold front heading our way. Probably won't drop the temps much, may be an overnight low of 73 F. Hopefully the front will mix with our tropical humidity and drop some much needed rain. Not a drop since Mike visited 8 days ago. InPain

Gotta go drag the hose ... Android

I feel you, Ron. To me it always seems that the initial surge in daytime temps and intensity of the sun are really extreme. Particularly with the mild winter I had. I've already had to move a bunch of crotons in pots to areas that are in less sun, so as to not cook the new emerging leaves. I will be thrilled when my shade house is completed this week, so I can move my plants to my new place in Sugarloaf. It will be interesting to have things in a somewhat controlled environment for me. I've always worked with shoving stuff in under the best canopy spots in the yard.