Spider mites

junglegal

Esteemed Member
30/03/08
I'm starting to see some activity with our drier cooler weather. So far I've been able to keep them at bay by spraying the leaves daily. In a few weeks I plan to wrap my screened room in greenhouse film. I'm worried that the mites will be a problem when the crotons are housed in there. Besides daily misting, should I be treating them with them with something? I've heard Ray speak of the bayer 3 in one product. Would this be the best course of action?

I have also had problems with spider mites recently since its been so dry, and this is with plants in the garden that are in the ground!!

I use the bayer 3 in 1 on all my crotons for the scale, it works amazingly, has the highest concentration of the key ingredient thats in Merit.
I still have had spider mites on plants that have been treated with this though.

And.....if I'm not mistaken, there's four stages to the life of a spidermite. And most insecticides are NOT listed to kill all four stages. That's why it's good to use at least two different miticides/insecticides.