Sphagnum Moss

Phil Stager

Esteemed Member
04/07/09
Local supplier is out and cannot get any 2 cu.ft. or 4 cu.ft. bales until mid-May at earliest. Anyone have a spare quantity you want to sell at get-together this weekend? Something about a shortage or wrong time of year to harvest the stuff in Wisconsin (probably frozen over yet...)

Local supplier is out and cannot get any 2 cu.ft. or 4 cu.ft. bales until mid-May at earliest. Anyone have a spare quantity you want to sell at get-together this weekend? Something about a shortage or wrong time of year to harvest the stuff in Wisconsin (probably frozen over yet...)

Phil - We got a large bag but its not as good a quality as I've had in the past. I prefer the compressed stuff that you throw in a bucket for an hour and watch it expand.Perhaps trade you for a Seminole Queen. How much do you need to get you through until may?

Moose - normally I get the compressed stuff too but only loose pack this year and none left. No good air layers ready yet either - a bit too early. 2 cu ft should get me to May.

Moose - normally I get the compressed stuff too but only loose pack this year and none left. No good air layers ready yet either - a bit too early. 2 cu ft should get me to May.

Phil - I think I have a two cu. ft. bag that I've hoarded since last year. You can have 3/4 of what I have. Dang - you sure are planning on making lots of air layers. :eek: