1. NEW BROMELIAD FORUM
    Guest - Don't miss our new forum. Perhaps you have something to add or share with us.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Check out, join, and contribute to our Facebook Page. Help get more people to the Forum. NEW TROPISCAPE FACEBOOK GROUP
    Dismiss Notice

Special Treat - Interview, Slideshow, 3D Palmoramas of Jungle Music Nursery

Discussion in 'PALM TREES - WHERE TROPICAL STARTS' started by Dypsisdean, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Dypsisdean

Dypsisdean Administrator Staff Member

Whether you've been to Jungle Music Nursery before or not, you should find the feature I just put together enjoyable. A half hour interview with owner Phil Bergman, a short introductory slideshow, and several of Palmpedia's exclusive 3D Virtual Reality Palmoramas.

A VISIT TO JUNGLE MUSIC

2. palmnerd

palmnerd Well-Known Member

Thanks For the special treat Dean. I've used Phil's web site for some time as a source for ID's., so this sheds some light on the nursery. If I lived nearby, I would be in trouble.

3. Dypsisdean

Dypsisdean Administrator Staff Member

When I lived in California, there would be many times in the dead of winter, when I would drop on in just to wander around in a warm humid environment. What's so neat is that Phil has been at it so long, and has brought in so many different seeds and seedlings from around the world, that you never know what is in there.

Many times, years later, we recognize a species Phil brought in as Sp. X turned out to be a desirable Dypsis no longer available. And you could go through that greenhouse a million times and not find the last one or two, until just by chance you happen on an ovegrown one gal. mixed in with similar looking plants with a faded label, and quickly grab the find of the month.

I would work for Phil during his weekend sales twice a year in exchange for plants. And one of the reasons for doing so was just so over the course of the 15 hours perusing the benches for customers, I would end up coming across cool palms that were supposedly sold out.