Some unpleasant looking forecast tracks for Isaac :(

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by Bullwinkle, Aug 21, 2012.

Banner funded expressly in recognition and support of Tropiscape.

1. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Esteemed Member

Let us see what happens over the next couple of days.

2. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

I can imagine the chaos if Tampa falls in the track next week. A extra 50,000 people will be in town for the RNC.

3. fawnridge

fawnridge Well-Known Member

Yeah, but they're Republicans.

4. Bullwinkle

:) No politics on this thread,It will get crazy here if we start down that path.

5. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

Its still early on this, but the GFS model (white line) has been pretty good on recent storm tracks.

Attached Files:

6. Bullwinkle

The GFS and European models have been the best over the past 5 years.The storm is still over 5 days away so it is almost certain to be a different track in a few days.That track that is pictured now would just about screw everyone from the Florida keys to Tampa :(

7. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

:eek:

8. Crazy for Crotons

Crazy for Crotons Well-Known Member

Are people here enjoying the potential misfortune of others? I'd hate to think that.

WTF

9. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Latest update - Tampa no longer in the projected cone. On the dirty side of the storm, Tampa/St. Petersburg will still be affected. Better than a direct hit.

The Shillings and Glocks look to be in the cross hairs of the storm. Still not a hurricane yet. Millibars on the barometric pressure guage have risen three points today. Isaac still has not gotten real organized yet ...

10. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

I have recorded just shy of 37" of rain going back to June. Any rain/wind will not be pretty. Just finished with .60" of rain from a storm today. I have had 2 Crotons rot this summer.

11. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

4 - 8" of rain and up to a potential of 12" predicted for Miami-Dade County. I complain about the rock I gotta dig up when planting. Now the Mooseland rock ridge is a benefit. :)

Curious about the Big O Lake level. Seems it will get topped off for the upcoming dry season. :cool:

12. Jeff Searle

Jeff Searle Well-Known Member

Yea, the talk of drought regarding south Florida hasn't come up much for probably over a year or more now. Maybe as the storm moves up through the gulf, the wetter, feeder bands should dump rain over that part of the state.