Some of the More Unusual Ones

Thanks Phil for you suggestion Curious though that no one has posted info about that function here. This forum gets visited 24/7 by many visitors. It would be a good exposure for the Society to post in this forum. :p

Look how many "hits" Jeff has gotten posting his sale notice with photos here.
The photos really draw attention and expose potential croton heads to the beauty of these unique plants, IMO. :rolleyes:

Ron. :)

Ron,

Jeff, the Glocks and a few others have made the trek northwest before. Most croton afficionados from SE Florida however, don't typically make the journey to the Tampa Bay area. It might be worth making the trip this year.

Ray

Ray - I agree. Like to see who in this area would be interested so we could car pool or make a caravan.

2nd-ly, The pandamonium yesterday was nuts at 8:00 am is what I heard in the croton area at Jeff's Sale. I got there real late, Like 8:20 am, had to park a quarter of a mile away. I was shocked to see the croton area about 85% empty by 8:30 am. Crotons seem to be getting real popular again!

I started a seperate thread for my new acqusitions from the sale, complete with photos.

Ron. :)

And I should have one of those shirts! :D

We got there in advance of opening, and the cars were already lining up. We made a beeline for the crotons and snagged ones I'd been dreaming about, Dayspring, Royal Flush, Glen Roof and Chief. And one I'd never even seen - Geisha Girl, what a sight that is! So we grabbed it. Along with Thomas Edison, Charles Rutherford, Sweet Marie, and Multicolor.

Hey Ray, did anyone buy the big Victoria? Wish I could have fit it in my car - I'd have bought it!

And we totally stuffed that little car. All of it survived the trip fine, even the lone palm (A. ipot if anyone's curious).

I was really eyeballing that "Queen Victoria "myself as well as the monster "Bravo". They were priced to sell however I was already space challenged in my truck. Being in Coral Gables, I did not look forward to having to get out my electric chipping hammer to make those big holes. That is what helped me finalize the decision to pass. Besides my new additions (34), I still have another 7 to get planted. Next weekend is Columbus day weekend, guess what I will be doing for three days? :mad:

Jeff - Irene is in Singapore and will most likely not be coming to your sale.

Some pre-sale photos would be nice for Irene's sake! :rolleyes:

It's hard to see them the morning of the sale, everything is a blur. I even saw Steve Nock praticing and refining his flying elbow technique for the early Friday morning dash! LOL ;)

A list of Crotons would not hurt my feelings. :)

I would love a glen roof but Friday is a work day for me. It is a long drive for me to go on Saturday, only for plants on my wish list not to be there.. Anybody out there can start a glen roof for me ? I took a ride up to see what Cleo had for sale. Sadly , no glen roof .

Jeff - Irene is in Singapore and will most likely not be coming to your sale.

Some pre-sale photos would be nice for Irene's sake! :rolleyes:

It's hard to see them the morning of the sale, everything is a blur. I even saw Steve Nock praticing and refining his flying elbow technique for the early Friday morning dash! LOL ;)

A list of Crotons would not hurt my feelings. :)

Ryan will PM the croton availability list to you if you request it from him on Palm Talk. :)

Commotion.jpg
Commotion

Last edited: