1. NEW BROMELIAD FORUM
    Guest - Don't miss our new forum. Perhaps you have something to add or share with us.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Check out, join, and contribute to our Facebook Page. Help get more people to the Forum. NEW TROPISCAPE FACEBOOK GROUP
    Dismiss Notice

Some Inflorescence photos

Discussion in 'PALM TREES - WHERE TROPICAL STARTS' started by Ntheastpalms, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Ntheastpalms

Ntheastpalms Member

Hello everyone
    I have been out & about today I managed to snap a couple of photots of a Burretiokentia hapala & a Dictyosperma album inflorescence, I hope you like them.

2. Ntheastpalms

Ntheastpalms Member

I'll try that again

3. Ntheastpalms

Ntheastpalms Member

See if this works.

Attached Files:

4. Dypsisdean

Dypsisdean Administrator Staff Member

I'm glad you got it down Matt. That Burretiokentia looks alien, as if from another planet.

You take some really clear shots. What kind of camera do you use?

5. Ntheastpalms

Ntheastpalms Member

These photos were from a while back, not flowers but fruiting palms.
    The first is a Bismarkia, second is a Areca vestiaria third is an Adonidia merrilii & last is a Nypa Fruticans.

Attached Files:

6. Ntheastpalms

Ntheastpalms Member

Hi Dean & thanks. The camera is an old Fujifilm Finepix S3500 thats had a tough life but still takes some good shots.

7. Dypsisdean

That's a great shot of the Nypa. Would you mind trying to upload that to the wiki (Encyclopedia)? I would like to include it on the Nypa page. It would be our nicest Nypa pic. I am only asking for another upload because I am assuming you may have a higher quality version. The forum does some automatic downsizing, the wiki does not. So the full version uploaded there would remain in it's original resolution.

Remember that when uploading there, all you need to do is upload. You do not designate a location. There is just a simple syntax that is entered on any page and then that photo will magically appear there. But I will do that, and then you can see how easy it is.

8. Ntheastpalms

Ntheastpalms Member

Okay Dean I'll give it a go.

9. Ntheastpalms

Ntheastpalms Member

Hi Dean
    I think I have uploaded the Nypa photo correctly.

10. Dypsisdean

Thanks Matt,

Good Job --- See my PM.