Some ID Help Please

palmisland

28/03/08
I believe some of these, if not all originated from Marie. These were found last year at a nursery in full sun, covered in scale, burnt & barely alive. They were cheap & looked like they had potential. I nursed them back to health & found one of Marie's Ree Gardens Tag buried in one of the pots.:rolleyes: Here are a few. Any ideas:confused: Mmmmmmm......

The first one is probably Bimbo, but I'm stumped on the others. Here are 2 photos of each.

Attachments

• DSC_0016.jpg
    DSC_0016.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC_0018.jpg
    DSC_0018.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC_0019.jpg
    DSC_0019.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC_0020.jpg
    DSC_0020.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 73
Here are the others...

Attachments

• DSC_0013.jpg
    DSC_0013.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC_0015.jpg
    DSC_0015.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC_0016.jpg
    DSC_0016.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC_0037.jpg
    DSC_0037.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC_0025.jpg
    DSC_0025.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC_0026.jpg
    DSC_0026.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 64
Randy,
I think you may have gotten the cuttings I rooted for our friend that came up from Grenada. I'm not positive but I think the second one in the second group could be John Criswick. I posted a picture in one of the threads that Rags started. If so, it's a winner! I have a long wait list on my one plant. Next time you're here, I'll show you the plant.
Marie

Randy and Marie,

That's the plant I tried to buy at Jesse Durko's that had Marie's tag which read John Criswick. Unfortunately, they did not let me buy it. I was so sad because it is a stunner!!! I'm pretty sure it's the same one. Looks exactly like the one I carried around for a while like a little baby.

Randy, take this with a grain of salt, but could the last one be a mosaic not yet pinking up?

Ana:eek:

Thanks Marie,
I think I remember buying most of these at the same time. I'll look for a pic, but these were pretty beat up.

Ana,
Yeah, A lot of nurseries have "personal" plants & generally aren't for sale.:rolleyes: These were over in full sun where all the landscape plants are. I think we've all carried around a prize found at a nursery, only to be later disappointed.

I was thinking along the lines of Stain Glass for the last one. Mosaic has a broader leaf but similar color. Keep guessing, thats how I'm learning.

-Randy

Thanks Marie,
I think I remember buying most of these at the same time. I'll look for a pic, but these were pretty beat up.

Ana,
Yeah, A lot of nurseries have "personal" plants & generally aren't for sale.:rolleyes: These were over in full sun where all the landscape plants are. I think we've all carried around a prize found at a nursery, only to be later disappointed.

I was thinking along the lines of Stain Glass for the last one. Mosaic has a broader leaf but similar color. Keep guessing, thats how I'm learning.

-Randy

Randy,
I know I gave him a Stained Glass - it may have been at the same time as the others. The leaf shape on yours is right.

174.jpg173.jpg170.jpg Hi Randy, I agree with you that its Bimbo in the first picture, I have a bimbo that compares to yours. the other pictures that you have i have very similar plants but i dont remember the name of them.

Randy,
I think you may have gotten the cuttings I rooted for our friend that came up from Grenada. I'm not positive but I think the second one in the second group could be John Criswick. I posted a picture in one of the threads that Rags started. If so, it's a winner! I have a long wait list on my one plant. Next time you're here, I'll show you the plant.
Marie

Marie, When they're large enough, I'll make some "copies" for Jesse.;)