Slugs and snails

Pix

08/04/14
I have a lot of slugs and snails eating everything in my garden. I believe I was breeding them last year by my crazy planting and watering. I am pretty successful with the beer traps but the problem is I would love this beer for myself :( What is the best way to get rid of them? I’ve just bought two things in the Home Depot (one from “Ortho” and one from “Nature’s Care” ) and I am thinking of finding the “Do it yourself” store with some of commercial grades…

I haven't completely solved my slug and snail problem but I've gotten it under control by spending 30 minutes, here and there, manually collecting them and throwing them in the canal. (The Sheepshead eat them right up). The best time to collect is early in the morning when dew or rain is present. They usually gather around certain plants so it is relatively easy to find them. When my nieces and nephew came to visit I told them I'd give them a quarter for every slug or snail, but in the end that was wishful thinking. It takes a little patience, but it's worth it. Every one of those critters can produce 300 offspring at a time.

Thank you for your answer. Snails are easy but slugs…Beer works for both but I see only small slugs there. I guess, the larger ones just get drunk and leave…